Fastest Punches?

Depends on what you call punches, full extension or are shortened versions allowed. If you just do shoe shining you can obviously get a lot more punches in. Here's Lomachenko showing a blazing number of punches but they certainly aren't full extension.

they stole that from Macho, he did that when he was young, he stopped doing it when he got slower and lazier.

they stole that from Macho, he did that when he was young, he stopped doing it when he got slower and lazier.

What Loma and Danny are doing in the video are shoeshine variation warm-up drills. Notice that they're squared up, feet parallel, shuffling in place with their short "punches". A traditional shoeshine looks like you're literally shining a shoe with straight punches that are extended more and alternate left to right or right to left. Their shoeshine flurries come from underneath in reverse instead of parallel and over the top (of an imaginary shoe). Nothing was stolen from Macho. He didn't invent the concept of shoeshining. It predates him.

shoeshine-combination.jpg

#ShoeShineChallenge videos

Last edited:
What Loma and Danny are doing in the video are shoeshine variation warm-up drills. Notice that they're squared up, feet parallel, shuffling in place with their short "punches". A traditional shoeshine looks like you're literally shining a shoe with straight punches that are extended more and alternate left to right or right to left. Their shoeshine flurries come from underneath in reverse instead of parallel and over the top (of an imaginary shoe). Nothing was stolen from Macho. He didn't invent the concept of shoeshining. It predates him.

shoeshine-combination.jpg

#ShoeShineChallenge videos
macho did it first and best! show me anyone else doing it, and i know what shoeshines are.

Well the vid that I posted said that Lomachenko threw 80 punches in 8 seconds. I haven't bothered to try and count them so I don't know how accurate that is.

This guy, Keith Liddell (the real "Chocolate L"?), holds or held in 2013 the Guinness World Record for the fastest punch recorded (slightly over 44 mph), longest punch (truly lame "record" shown in the video below) and most punches in a minute (900). He recorded 581 speed bag punches in one minute as well. He qualified for the Olympics but didn't go. What's funny is that Gary Russell Jr., Loma, Linares, Khan et al. could walk into the Guinness World Records headquarters tomorrow in NYC or London and break his most important records on the spot (I guess 901 punches/minute is the current world record set by someone else more recently).

This guy, Keith Liddell (the real "Chocolate L"?), holds or held in 2013 the Guinness World Record for the fastest punch recorded (slightly over 44 mph), longest punch (truly lame "record" shown in the video below) and most punches in a minute (900). He recorded 581 speed bag punches in one minute as well. He qualified for the Olympics but didn't go. What's funny is that Gary Russell Jr., Loma, Linares, Khan et al. could walk into the Guinness World Records headquarters tomorrow in NYC or London and break his most important records on the spot (I guess 901 punches/minute is the current world record set by someone else more recently).

had to stop watching, what a dork.

macho did it first and best! show me anyone else doing it, and i know what shoeshines are.

Show you anyone else doing it? Ali & Leonard were shoeshining in their amateur bouts and pro fights (not just in warm-up drills) before Macho had even come around. In Ali's case he was doing it long before Macho. Macho's first pro fight wasn't until September of 1980. Leonard was shoeshining as the best Light Welterweight amateur boxer in the world at the time (Pan Ams champ in '75 & Olympic champion in '76) and as a pro in the mid-to-late 70's.

We don't have to go that far back, really.

they didn't do it that way, anyway, it's not worth arguing about.

Back