Fat/bloated stomach

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know this might not be the right forum, but feel free to place it somewhere else.

I’ve been lifting for about 2 months now and got more aware of my body. I noticed my belly looks bloated/fat when i look at it in the mirror from the side. It’s alright when i stand up very straight, when i flex and also when i haven’t eaten anything yet (in the morning).

I know i’m not fat since i weigh about 66,5 kg/ 146,6 lbs at 178 cm/ 5’10 (i’m not that muscular yet, but i wouldn’t say i have the soft skinny-fat physique)

My electronic scale (which i know isn’t that accurate apparently) says i’m at 11-12% BF

So how do you think i can make my stomach to look better? Get more developed abdominal muscles?

Anterior pelvic tilt and possibly a weak transverse abdomins may be partly to blame.

Strengthen your abs(stomach vacuums), hamstrings, glutes and stretch your quads/hip flexors. Those electronic BF scales are usually 3-5% off. At 11% your abs should be showing quite easily and you certainly wouldn't look "skinny fat" or soft at any point on your body.

Anterior pelvic tilt and possibly a weak transverse abdomins may be partly to blame.

Strengthen your abs(stomach vacuums), hamstrings, glutes and stretch your quads/hip flexors. Those electronic BF scales are usually 3-5% off. At 11% your abs should be showing quite easily and you certainly wouldn't look "skinny fat" or soft at any point on your body.
You hit the nail on the head with the anterior pelvic tilt

Will except for the exercises watching my posture when seated help also?

Will except for the exercises watching my posture when seated help also?

A little. The problem with prolonged sitting in general is that it puts your glutes on stretch and shortens your hip flexors throwing everything out of wack and contributing to anterior pelvic tilt. Practicing good posture certainly can't hurt but personally I notice sitting posture having a bigger influence over my thoracic and cervical spine rather then my hips. Give it a shot though.

In the end everything is connected somehow, so one muscular imbalance can turn into a host of other issues.

I know this might not be the right forum, but feel free to place it somewhere else.

I’ve been lifting for about 2 months now and got more aware of my body. I noticed my belly looks bloated/fat when i look at it in the mirror from the side. It’s alright when i stand up very straight, when i flex and also when i haven’t eaten anything yet (in the morning).

I know i’m not fat since i weigh about 66,5 kg/ 146,6 lbs at 178 cm/ 5’10 (i’m not that muscular yet, but i wouldn’t say i have the soft skinny-fat physique)

My electronic scale (which i know isn’t that accurate apparently) says i’m at 11-12% BF

So how do you think i can make my stomach to look better? Get more developed abdominal muscles?

There are exercises to help correct it........just do a little research......

Back