Favorite 2016 Election Sub-Plot

Rob Battisti

HR for HR
@Steel
Reaction score
I don’t know about you, but the build up to the 2016 was the most entertaining rollercoaster ride I’ve ever experienced in my life. Every single day there was a new bomb that dropped — all of which topped the ones from the day before.

From Pizza-Gate to Satanic Rituals to Podesta Emails to Leaked footage with Billy Bush. The hits just kept on coming!

What was your personal favorite sub-plot of the election?

For me, it was when Hildog fainted on her way into a waiting van only to reappear hours later sporting anti-seizure glasses. The general, nearly acceptable plot line, was that it was a body double! How amazing was that!

Truthfully, to this day, I think there is a fairly decent chance it actually WAS a body double!

Anyway, I’d love to keep this light hearted and hear what your favorite memories were!

It's hard to top Donald Trump reassuring the American People that he didn't have a small penis during one of the GOP debates.

Jeb Bush asking his audience to "please clap" was also up there.

It's hard to top Donald Trump reassuring the American People that he didn't have a small penis during one of the GOP debates.

Jeb Bush asking his audience to "please clap" was also up there.

The “Little Marco says if I have small hands something else is small, believe me, there is no problem... no problem.” was absolutely the most insane thing ever. I laughed, but also it was in that moment that I knew American politics had entered a new era.

Didn't crazy Hillary pretty openly steal the democratic nomination from Bernie? And honestly, all the dems had to do was not be stupid and crazy. Just weird.

Trump giving out Lindsay Graham’s phone number.

Ted Cruz (or his dad?) being called a serial killer

Dems officially having an operation Taco Bowl project to get Mexican voters while calling trump racist for eating a taco salad on cinco de mayo

Mainstream media literally asking the dnc and Hillary when and what hit pieces to run <- this was my biggest aggravation and what ultimately led to voting Trump when I realized Wisconsin could be a swing state

People pushing aside their morals to defend Trump’s tape because they’d already made up their mind who they were voting for and didn’t want new information to make that conflicted

The biggest plot was the election night results. The “holy shit. He’s actually doing it.” Moment as the night went on

Hilldogs fake glass ceiling remaining in tact and of course the screaming and whaling from the imwithher crowd as the moment hit them

I liked the "Hillary is dying" theory.

After months of Hillary's supposed illness being called a right wing conspiracy, she fuckin' faints and has to be literally carried into her car and it's all caught on tape. I mean, what are the odds?

I liked the "Hillary is dying" theory.

After months of Hillary's supposed illness being called a right wing conspiracy, she fuckin' faints and has to be literally carried into her car and it's all caught on tape. I mean, what are the odds?
As if on cue!

It was all pretty ridiculous actually. I don't think it's something we should hope to duplicate in the future.

If a single line stands out, it's when Marco Rubio said something like, "Donald Trump said that he wanted to punch a man in the audience. Donald Trump has never punched anybody, ever."

It just stands out because it's the exact thought I always had when Trump would do his tough guy routine. I kept wondering who he thought he was fooling, then I realized he was fooling lots of people. But at least Marco Rubio finally pointed it out.

Edit: I didn't really point out a storyline. I guess the most interesting storyline was the battle of "outsiders" for the first time in a long time, Bernie and Trump.

Last edited:
It was all pretty ridiculous actually. I don't think it's something we should hope to duplicate in the future.

If a single line stands out, it's when Marco Rubio said something like, "Donald Trump said that he wanted to punch a man in the audience. Donald Trump has never punched anybody, ever."

It just stands out because it's the exact thought I always had when Trump would do his tough guy routine. I kept wondering who he thought he was fooling, then I realized he was fooling lots of people. But at least Marco Rubio finally pointed it out.

Edit: I didn't really point out a storyline. I guess the most interesting storyline was the battle of "outsiders" for the first time in a long time, Bernie and Trump.

That awkward moment in 2015 when I agreed with Marco Rubio.

Back