Favorite "hard hitting gatekeeper" type

I've always like watching OSP. dude gets overmatched with anyone in the top 5 pretty much but as a gatekeeper destroys anyone trying to crack the top 10. great athlete with power- his KO versus corey anderson was one of the worst I've ever seen live
His ko over Cummins and Shogun were brutal too

giphy.gif

Jordan Mein ?

Jeremy Stephens. He's creeping towards being a contender but I'm afraid he hits a wall again.

He really won me over in the Choi fight

Who is your favorite fighter who is known for hitting very hard but isn't usually perceived as a truly elite guy and usually loses to them? For example Hunt, Black Beast, OSP, Manuwa, Brunson, Ellenburger, Michael Johnson (list feeling a bit racist here lol), Stephens, Lineker.
You guys remember Drew McFedries?

Dude had scary power

I've always like watching OSP. dude gets overmatched with anyone in the top 5 pretty much but as a gatekeeper destroys anyone trying to crack the top 10. great athlete with power- his KO versus corey anderson was one of the worst I've ever seen live
Same here, OSP is awesome to watch.

Has tons of athleticism and flash, but lacks some of the fundamentals to fall back on. He’s like an anti-Bader almost

"Rumble" Johnson ( if/when he returns ), Robbie Lawler & Derrick Lewis all come to mind as examples of fighters who will likely never become champions ( again in Lawler's case ), but who are as dangerous as hell & under the right circumstances, on the right night could KO anyone in their weight classes.

Also how is Shane Carwin not yet mentioned.... fits the description perfectly

Chieck Kongo was a good one.

Roy Nelson.

Michael Johnson

Back