Favorite iconic cars

5347128153_94d7d31e8e.jpg
Did you mean this?

see the edit..

this thing is a work or art. 100yrs old and so beautiful but i can understand that it might be too old for some

My first car was a 78 trans am.
Smokey and the bandit is one of my all time favorite movies.

At one time I knew a SHIT ton about trans ams and the stunt cars in Smokey and the bandit.

I don’t keep up with cars like I used too but yeah I’ve owned a bunch of hot rods over the years and was big into it for a long long time.

Boats are my thing now though.

Even my bass boat has a monster tach in it lol!
What else have you owned? What did you love/hate?

f53ifq.jpg

Death-proof-car.jpg

I literally will buy and remodel this car to match this with the vanity plate DTH PRF.

What else have you owned? What did you love/hate?
I was building and flipping cars for a while so on short term ownership just about all the normals.

60’s camero’s and chevelles
Just about every year of mustang ever made up to 99 and many many fox bodies.

Multiple t/a’s , gto’s etc etc.

f53ifq.jpg

Death-proof-car.jpg

I literally will buy and remodel this car to match this with the vanity plate DTH PRF.

Looks like a 67-69 Nova. An all time favorite of mine. My first and thirds cars were novas, 69 and 70, respectively.

You can get a decent but needs a lot of love project for 4-6.5k, something driveable for 8, something restored 9-15k, something built for 18-30k and whatever the hell they want to ask for a numbers matching original.

I’m hoping to build a daily driver of a 68 someday.

I was building and flipping cars for a while so on short term ownership just about all the normals.

60’s camero’s and chevelles
Just about every year of mustang ever made up to 99 and many many fox bodies.

Multiple t/a’s , gto’s etc etc.

Man I’m a bow tie fan but I never understood the Chevelle love. None of the body styles ever appealed to me

The ones I wish I still had.
78 t/a my first one
64 Chevy 2 with 327/4speed m21
67 Camaro rs 327/4speed m21
69 ss chevelle 427/m22

72 camaro 396/m22

90’ mustang coupe
83 t-top mustang gt

86 iroc 383 sb2 headed with a tremec

Man I’m a bow tie fan but I never understood the Chevelle love. None of the body styles ever appealed to me
They drove a lot better with a big block than camaro’s do imo.

I’d rather have a camaro s/b or a chevelle b/b for the 60’s cars.

70’s camaros do better with big blocks than 60’s imo , but they are bigger cars.

A 69 chevelle is sexy. And my dad had a 68 ss when I was a kid 67-69 love those years chevelles the best.

67 actually is my favorite for camaro/chevelle

Looks like a 67-69 Nova. An all time favorite of mine. My first and thirds cars were novas, 69 and 70, respectively.

You can get a decent but needs a lot of love project for 4-6.5k, something driveable for 8, something restored 9-15k, something built for 18-30k and whatever the hell they want to ask for a numbers matching original.

I’m hoping to build a daily driver of a 68 someday.

That's bang on. It's a 70 Nova and the other in the movie is a 69 Charger. Out of curiosity I looked around for both and while the Nova commands a steeper price you can get a labor of love car like you mentioned on the cheap. Just dicking around on the internet I've seen a 71 Charger fully restored on sale for like six grand because the guy really needed the money. I'd feel bad taking it off his hands but a paint job later and I'd have pretty much my dream car.

That's bang on. It's a 70 Nova and the other in the movie is a 69 Charger. Out of curiosity I looked around for both and while the Nova commands a steeper price you can get a labor of love car like you mentioned on the cheap. Just dicking around on the internet I've seen a 71 Charger fully restored on sale for like six grand because the guy really needed the money. I'd feel bad taking it off his hands but a paint job later and I'd have pretty much my dream car.

Man, let me tell you about “heart breaker, I need the money sales”.
When I got out of the Navy I was working on a 69 Cadillac coupe deville. Gorgeous straight body, numbers matching. I had 10k In on that big block bastard alone. Sold it for, I shit you not, 1800$ to some punk who wanted a low rider because I needed the money.

After the war they sent a lot of us home on short notice. One day...

Back