Favorite kickboxer

Spong was a beast towards the end of his Kickboxing career and I could definitely imagine him beating Rico. He fights at heavyweight in Boxing by the way.
Although he beat some good guys at heavyweight, his strong point next to his KO power was his speed and I find it that he had lost too much of that at heavyweight. Back in the day he would destroy Rico but I believe the Rico of today is on another level

So many.....
If I had to go with just one it has to be the “Blue eyed samurai”

So many.....
If I had to go with just one it has to be the “Blue eyed samurai”
Interesting choice. Not knocking you by any means but can you elaborate why Pettas would be your favorite? His style or a certain moment in his career?

Are you a Karateka? Or Danish or ?

Interesting choice. Not knocking you by any means but can you elaborate why Pettas would be your favorite? His style or a certain moment in his career?

Are you a Karateka? Or Danish or ?
Andy Hug fan here

Hug and Nicholas Pettas have the same nickname, but Hug is incomparable to pettas in both Karate and Kickboxing careers

1. Badr Hari
2. Andrei Stoica
3. Sebastian Cozmanca

Andy Hug fan here

Just so you know, the blue-eyed samurai nickname is Nicholas Pettas', not Andy Hug's. Some people have mistaken the two, but for a start Andy Hug didn't even have blue eyes.

Hug and Nicholas Pettas have the same nickname, but Hug is incomparable to pettas in both Karate and Kickboxing careers

They only share the same nickname because some people wrongly called Andy Hug a nickname that was already Pettas' nickname.

Sure if you look at strict tournament results Andy Hug has achieved more as a competitor in both "sports", however Pettas was a lot closer to the source of Kyokushin by being a uchi deshi student of Mas Oyama and living and training with Japanese students of Mas Oyama for 3+ years. He even became fluent in Japanese and appeared on a lot of Japanese TV shows, series and movies.

So in terms of "Karate career", I wouldn't underestimate Pettas' achievements and knowledge of the art based on some tournament results.

My Top Ten kickboxers:

1) Don Wilson
2) Benny Urquidez
3) Buakaw
4) Dieselnoj
5) Rick Roufus
6) Andy Hug
7) Ferdinand Mack
8) Ernesto Hoost
9) Ramon Dekker
10) Peter Aerts

So many...
1: Peter Aerts,
2: Andy Souwer
3: Ray Sefo
4: Jerome LeBanner
5: Petrosyan
6: Petch (As GLORY Champ, he qualifies as Kickboxer in my book)
7: Pre-Toomuchalcohol Ignashov
8: Masato
9: Peter Smit
10: Buakaw

Guess im nostalgic towards the old K-1 days. :)

So many...
1: Peter Aerts,
2: Andy Souwer
3: Ray Sefo
4: Jerome LeBanner
5: Petrosyan
6: Petch (As GLORY Champ, he qualifies as Kickboxer in my book)
7: Pre-Toomuchalcohol Ignashov
8: Masato
9: Peter Smit
10: Buakaw

Guess im nostalgic towards the old K-1 days. :)

Guess im nostalgic towards the old K-1 days.

You can say that again:p

Liam Harrison

Because he supports Leeds United and has a nice face.

Liam Harrison

Because he supports Leeds United and has a nice face.
giphy.gif

The bad boys.
JLB
Hari
Gago Drago (epic intro)

Funny story. I'm not the world's biggest kickboxing fan but I do enjoy it. And, when I watch it I tend to like fighters who go to war rather than fighting in a more technical style to win on points. And, one fighter that goes to war a lot is Joe Schilling. Whom I was only moderately aware of & had only seen fight once or twice before he KO'd Melvin Manhoef in Bellator. Which put him on my radar & who I began following as a result.
So, he became my favorite active kickboxer.
Fast forward a couple of years & I meet my eventual fiance who used to work for the UFC & for Team Oyama's gym in Huntington Beach a few years ago as a PT/medical tech. And, while discussing her time there it came up that she used to date Schilling. Weird, huh?
I don't know how I feel about it.
On one hand, it's sort of cool. I mean, every adult has past relationships so it's no big deal. That time in her life could have been taken up by some random dude or it could have been taken up by Schilling. Right? So, it's no big deal.
On the other hand, though, it's just sort of strange. I mean I'm an Eskimo brother to an individual that was one of my favorite fighters. I don't dwell on that fact but it's there.
Plus, being a former pro fighter myself I've always had comfort in knowing that I could very likely beat up any of my girlfriend's previous significant others. Yeah, it's a lame male ego thing but I won't deny it. But, in this case, obviously, that's not the case. So that's weird. I've never had to deal with it before but while it's a bit humbling it's no big deal. I'm dealing with it just fine. And it's not as if she ever really brings him up.
But, I'm curious, if you were in my shoes how would you handle it? Would it bother you or not?

Back