Favorite Post-Match Jobber Abuse

Capt Lunatic

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Back in the day, a lot of heels and a few faces had a post-match ritual they'd force on a poor, beaten scrub.

I always loved when Owen Hart would put Bret's shades on a beaten opponent, then pull them forward and let go so they snap back in the guy's face. It was the ultimate bitch move and fit his character perfectly.

Skip to 5:00, or watch the whole match because Chris Hamrick was fucking amazing.

The worst was any cowboy with a branding gimmick. Smearing a dude's ass with black ink will never get you over "Outlaw" Ron Bass.

What are your fondest after bell shenanigans memories? Note, favorite does not mean best. We all know what is best in life.

Here's some jobber abuse and New Jack doesn't wait till after the match for what he does to Chad Austin; it goes on for the the whole match.

I always liked the Dibiase $100 bill in the mouth then Virgil would come behind him and take it.

Jake Roberts draping Damian on a laid out jobber was always good stuff.

Yea it's a shoot... But still.

I always liked the paper bag gimmick the beautiful people and Cody Rhodes had.
latest

1zme2if.gif

Pretty sure someone else was using it before them, maybe Rick Martel.

As for worst hated everything about the Boogeyman including those worms.

Brutus The Barber Beefcake cutting peoples hair was probably my favorite
I always liked the way they would wake someone up after using the sleeperhold on them
Sit him up, massage his shoulders a bit and then slap him in the back and the guy would suddenly come to life flailing his arms around
Man that was good stuff

Man I loved post match gimmicks

Cant really remember any other than the ones mentioned though

The Beverly Brothers painting people was pretty good too

THAT'S WHO THAT WAS! I remembered dudes getting painted, but for the life of me couldn't remember who was doing it.

4:10

Yep. The Genius was their manager aka Lanny Poffo, the Macho Man’s brother.

Razor bitch slapping Kid was great. Kid may not have been a jobber at the time, but it was funny as hell.

Back