Favorite Quotes and Sayings

574590f91300000105382b18.jpeg

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln

This thread could be just about Lincoln quotes, but this is probably my favorite:

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day."

This is coming from the man who had to deliberate over risking dissolving the United States

“Don’t count the minutes, make the minutes count.” -Muhammed Ali

A good plan implemented violently, today, is better than a perfect plan implemented next week.

- Eisenhower

The answer to the question, "How much money is enough?" is always: "Just a little more".

- unattributed

Wasn't that first quote from Patton?

"the memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime"
Pink Floyd -Free Four

always thought about that when I see someone stuck in their past glories and always made me have pity on them and refuse to stop trying for new glories of my own

Your value does not decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth - unknown

Trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair. - unknown

"Success is never owned, it's rented, and rent is due every day" - Eddie Alvarez

"Don't ever stop not trying to be the person you've always never didn't want to not be." @45ACP

<31>{<RR}

Some of the most poisonous people are disguised as family and friends. - unknown

Back