Handful of frozen strawberries
1 scoop of greens powder
1 scoop vanilla protein

Almond milk
Banana
Big scoop almond butter
Chocolate protein powder
Handful of ice cubes

I got a Vitamix for my wife for Christmas. Use it everyday. AWESOME!

Is this stuff of any nutritional value?

For me I notice big difference. I use Green Vibrance. Makes me more regular. Hair, skin and nails are clearer and much stronger. Overall have a tad more energy than when I don't use. Also now that I moved this year to a country that doesn't eat a lot of veggies it's an easy way for me to keep from getting deficient. I've been using for years.
GV30_v16_supp-facts160329.jpg

For me I notice big difference. I use Green Vibrance. Makes me more regular. Hair, skin and nails are clearer and much stronger. Overall have a tad more energy than when I don't use. Also now that I moved this year to a country that doesn't eat a lot of veggies it's an easy way for me to keep from getting deficient. I've been using for years.
GV30_v16_supp-facts160329.jpg

Did you move to England or Scotland?

I've purchased the stuff at Trader Joe's and I wonder if it is of any value.

neapolitan at in-n-out

I didn't know that about SA. huh.

Diet here is meat (chicken, lamb), rice, and bread. Hummus of course. Veggies are scarce, used as garnish, or in VERY small portions like little pickled carrots on the side. You won't really see vegetables that we take for granted like broccoli, spinach, etc unless you eat at a more "western" restaurant. Granted you can definitely get them as everything is imported, but the quality sucks for all the produce.

Diet here is meat (chicken, lamb), rice, and bread. Hummus of course. Veggies are scarce, used as garnish, or in VERY small portions like little pickled carrots on the side. You won't really see vegetables that we take for granted like broccoli, spinach, etc unless you eat at a more "western" restaurant. Granted you can definitely get them as everything is imported, but the quality sucks for all the produce.

Make sure you get plenty of lentils but generally your right, nothing really green in the diet....

Interesting. What about fruits? What is available in SA?

My breakfast shake is usually:

300ml milk
A frozen banana
25g of powdered oat bran
50g of natural unflavoured whey
1 tsp honey

Interesting. What about fruits? What is available in SA?

again, like vegetables everything is imported in so i do have quite a few things available, but for whatever reason the quality sucks. i don't know if it's long transport time, poor handling, no refrigeration or what it is but the fruit and veggies aren't fresh. since there is such a big filipino population here its really interesting because if i go to some of the bigger supermarkets, or the filipino parts of town i can get a bunch of more exotic fruits and stuff like dragon fruit, lychee, rambutan, etc...

as far as what is native here to saudi arabia? dates. that's about it, haha.

2 handful of frozen strawberries
2 handful of frozen pineapple
1 lemon or lime

Then nutribullet that sucker up.

again, like vegetables everything is imported in so i do have quite a few things available, but for whatever reason the quality sucks. i don't know if it's long transport time, poor handling, no refrigeration or what it is but the fruit and veggies aren't fresh. since there is such a big filipino population here its really interesting because if i go to some of the bigger supermarkets, or the filipino parts of town i can get a bunch of more exotic fruits and stuff like dragon fruit, lychee, rambutan, etc...

as far as what is native here to saudi arabia? dates. that's about it, haha.

As a kid in Europe (1970s), I remember that some fruit in the winter came from Israel. Is this no-no to import fruit from Israel?

I started adding frozen peas to the mix as well. The blueberries and protein powder completely mask the taste. Serves as an additional boost of protein, and a load of micro nutrients.
Good call on the peas, man.

1-2 bananas, depending on size, phrasing
a handful or two of frozen blueberries
1-2 handfuls of spinach or more recently, mixed greens (spinach, kale, etc)
3/4 - 1 scoop protein powder
3 tablespoons ground flax
enough rice milk for it to blend together smoothly and be drinkable (I don't measure the amount)
Sometimes additional fruit such as strawberries, or a mix from a mixed frozen fruit bag
a penny sized amount of ginger, if I remember to buy any

I started adding frozen peas to the mix as well. The blueberries and protein powder completely mask the taste. Serves as an additional boost of protein, and a load of micro nutrients.
<mma4>
I'm going to try that

My standard smoothie is...

1 small handful of raw peanuts
1 tin of sliced peaches
1 banana
1-2 kiwi fruit (I'm in New Zealand and they're super easy to come by, dunno what it's like overseas)
2 large leaves of sliverbeet/spinach
1-2 fresh mint leaves (really works well with the kiwi fruit)
A bunch of rice milk to make it drinkable.

But basically, my base is the peanuts, peaches, and banana, then I add things from there. Usually some dark leafy greens, often apple and/or berries and other seasonal fruits.

A nice dessert smoothie is banana, frozen berries, a few pieces of dark chocolate and almond milk. Tastes delicious and it's still pretty healthy.

I have been juicing for 3 years: kale, green apples and beets (including the stalk and leaves). I used to mix that 50/50 with bolthouse carrot juice. Now I'm mixing it with a frozen fruit smoothie as my kids eat smoothies for breakfast.

- cup of juiced veggies
- frozen raspberries
- frozen blueberries
- scoop of casein
-scoop of prebiotic (this is based on reading this forum)

Mine was simple and super cheap but for gaining weight it was amazing

1-2 cups of milk
1-2 scoops of protein powder
1 cup oat meal
1-2 tablespoons of Olive Oil (or coconut oil....though it's not liquid at room temp)
1 banana

Optional
Powdered greens / spinach / kale / fruit / etc.

That shake could be anywhere between 450-850 calories and 30-60g of protein. Anyone who claims they are a "hard gainer" should add 2 of these things a day to their normal food intake and see if they gain weight. :)

Back