Favorite songs in a language you can't understand.

years and years ago i got a bunch of Huun Huur Tu albums, and they had some really amazing music.

there's great stuff in all their albums, but i love their collaboration with a Bulgarian choir:

also love this old video of Huun Huur Tu members singing with Kongar-ol Ondar:

and Ondar on David Letterman is a classic too:

Ich Will

Hell, most of Rammstein, Megaherz, and Eisbrecher's library.

i prefer languages that don’t exist

edit: just for hahas, from the best album of 1999

A lot of Tinariwen songs, but this one is especially infectious.

If you don't move at all listening to it, you're dead inside.

Great choice, one of my favourite ‘Later With Jools Holland’ discoveries...

An even better version:

Last edited:
Secret of my Heart from Detective Conan

Will we ever be able to buy whatever song we want from whatever region unrestricted? I imagine so many artists are forgoing lots of international income by not selling on iTunes USA etc.

Even the Chinese like this, and certainly dont understand what that guy is saying.

Last edited:

Since growls and screeches don't count as language, I timestamped the part with the Nordic chants. Very powerful stuff. RIP Valfar.

Never seen the anime, but the soundtrack is amazing

R.I.P. Nujabes.

Great anime, absolutely worth checking out. The use of music and hip hop culture is really well integrated in to the old Japanese setting. There was a lot of love put in to that show.

Last edited:
A lot of Tinariwen songs, but this one is especially infectious.

If you don't move at all listening to it, you're dead inside.

Tinariwen is so dope, such a classic sound without sounding aged at all. The definition of smooth. A band of actual nomadic rebels inspired by the old west and Jimi Hendrix, you couldn't make that up if you tried. They used to record an album for free if you gave them a tape to record on.

Back