Favourite Sopranos character?

Agree, their chemistry together is the best I've seen between a couple; on film, or TV. The heated argument they have in the pool house, after their break up (when she confesses about Furio), is pure fucking gold. They both had the ability to be right, and wrong, at the same time. Amazing.

Yeah at one point she can barely breath and her acting is so realistic it could really be happening to her.

Thanks @KONG-D'SNT-TAP for resurrecting this thread! There is nothing I like talking about more than The Sopranos. There were so many good characters, and each character had so much depth to them (their insecurities, and their quirks), this is what made the show the best ever. As for my favorite character it is a toss up between Uncle Junior and Carmine Lupertazzi Jr.

My favorites
Tony
Uncle Junior
Pauli Walnuts

Least favorites
Anthony Jr
Meadow
Carmella

Btw, my favorite show of all times, and not taking anything away from the actors who did a good job portraying them, but the characters themselves annoyed the fuck out of me

Uncle Jr was one of the best on the show.

Look at his transformation from the first episode then the last one he appeared in.

He went out like how many old people go out. Alone and senile

Okay so a scene posted in the "intense film scenes" thread piqued my interest in the Sopranos. I'd never seen so much as a minute of it before that.

Can someone compare it to another popular series at all?? I'd like to give it a try but if I get into it.... 86 episodes is a lot of time.

I refused to watch it for years. I've lived around the mafia and wannabe mafia guys. I don't care for any of those movies either, except Donny Brasco.

I was at a friends and all he played was The Sopranos. It sucked me in, I enjoyed it.... I think you should give it a try. I found so many parts funny, but it's entertaining to say the least.

I refused to watch it for years. I've lived around the mafia and wannabe mafia guys. I don't care for any of those movies either, except Donny Brasco.

I was at a friends and all he played was The Sopranos. It sucked me in, I enjoyed it.... I think you should give it a try. I found so many parts funny, but it's entertaining to say the least.

same haha. watched it for the first time I think in 2012.

I find it to be a comedy peppered with drama.

as for the thread, Sylvio is my favorite, Bacala, & then Junior.

Junior is the biggest fucking dirtbag but he's hilarious

I actually believe that the Sopranos was half Drama, half a dark comedy. There are so many funny parts during inappropriate times. For example, when Chistopher and Tony are chopping off Ralphs body, and Chistopher freaks out when he finds out Ralph was bald.

same haha. watched it for the first time I think in 2012.

I find it to be a comedy peppered with drama.

as for the thread, Sylvio is my favorite, Bacala, & then Junior.

Junior is the biggest fucking dirtbag but he's hilarious

Actually, with an exception to Bobby Bacala, and Artie Buco, they are all dirt bags even Carmela, the biggest dirt bag out of everyone is Tony, but at the same time he is a likable character.

Gotta love Stevie Van Zant.From Springsteen to Soprano....brilliant!

Never in a million years would I think that a guitar player would be a good actor, not only did I like Van Zandt in the Sopranos I also thought he was great in Lilyhammer.

I actually believe that the Sopranos was half Drama, half a dark comedy. There are so many funny parts during inappropriate times. For example, when Chistopher and Tony are chopping off Ralphs body, and Chistopher freaks out when he finds out Ralph was bald.
PMSL!!!The line Tony uses is classic!
“You were always so high on scag you wouldn’t ‘ave known if it was your mothers muff on his head!”<Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Never in a million years would I think that a guitar player would be a good actor, not only did I like Van Zandt in the Sopranos I also thought he was great in Lilyhammer.
No doubt m8!I saw the 1st season of Lilyhammer and really liked it,do you know if it’s still in production?

That's why I sat and actually paid attention, it was funny man.

I don't know what episode it is, but Ralph is at a xmas party or some party and he had just saw Gladiator and he's acting all tough. That shit cracked me up.

Also, Tony's mom, she was comedy.
The older characters did a great job.

I don't watch a lot of shit like that because for a long part of my life I watched it for free on my front steps, but it wasn't funny and they hurt good people. I know good men that lost everything because of the Italian mafia. Anyway, that's life I guess. Play with fire, right...

No doubt m8!I saw the 1st season of Lilyhammer and really liked it,do you know if it’s still in production?

Lilyhammer was fantastic, Vanzadt helped write, direct, and did the music score. Season 4 was cancelled, I have no idea why because season three was just as good as one and two. I heard Van Zadt is still trying to get someone to pick up Season 4. So it's not over yet...

That's why I sat and actually paid attention, it was funny man.

I don't know what episode it is, but Ralph is at a xmas party or some party and he had just saw Gladiator and he's acting all tough. That shit cracked me up.

Yes he takes out Georgie's eye. Funny thing was Ralph had an obsession with the movie, and he ends up dying in a fight to the death (like a Roman gladiator) with Tony.

Lilyhammer was fantastic, Vanzadt helped write, direct, and did the music score. Season 4 was cancelled, I have no idea why because season three was just as good as one and two. I heard Van Zadt is still trying to get someone to pick up Season 4. So it's not over yet...
Well let’s hope the powers that be will continue to roll on with this fantastic show.Cheers pal now I’ve 2 seasons of Lilyhammer to marathon!

Back