FBI arrests 4 assistant basketball coaches on fraud charges

Not to mention taxpayer fraud with the "self negotiation" yum center contract.

Truely a "house of cards"

It would be different if their fans didn't literally brag about this for months (years) on end

Louisville Cardinals, Most Profitable College Basketball Team
Published 3:49 PM ET Sun, 24 March 2013 Updated 4:13 PM ET Mon, 25 March 2013
https://www.cnbc.com/id/100581891

While the chaos of Louisville and other programs from the FBI probe unfolds, wouldn't be surprised if NCAA quietly slaps UNC on wrist with some loss of scholarships for over a decade of academic fraud keeping players eligible.

Should be fun seeing the domino effect from the FBI investigation. Getting involved with second tier soccer company Adidas has always been teh gheyness

NnoGhN1.gif
I was being too harsh, of course they wouldn't take away any scholarships. Nothing to see here folks, let's brush the largest athletic academic scandal in NCAA history under the rug quickly while everyone's attention is elsewhere.

We've seen schools/coaches vacate hundreds of wins and hit with harsh sanctions for having a tutor help or work with some players' papers. But funneling you're athletes to fraudulent classes for over a decade to keep them eligible like UNC did seems like a good workaround if there's no penalties from it.

I was being too harsh, of course they wouldn't take away any scholarships. Nothing to see here folks, let's brush the largest athletic academic scandal in NCAA history under the rug quickly while everyone's attention is elsewhere.

We've seen schools/coaches vacate hundreds of wins and hit with harsh sanctions for having a tutor help or work with some players' papers. But funneling you're athletes to fraudulent classes for over a decade to keep them eligible like UNC did seems like a good workaround if there's no penalties from it.

It will take a pretty big rug to fit this under.

It would be different if their fans didn't literally brag about this for months (years) on end

Louisville Cardinals, Most Profitable College Basketball Team
Published 3:49 PM ET Sun, 24 March 2013 Updated 4:13 PM ET Mon, 25 March 2013
https://www.cnbc.com/id/100581891
Outrage from Kentucky fans is a bit...humorous.

P4P? Stanford usually wins the directors cup.

Director%27s-Cup-Billboard-website-template.jpg
7K vs. 4K undergrad.

I'll take Vandy.

*Edit* Hmmm...nvm. Looks like they've grown the UG base. It's up to 7K, now, too.

7K vs. 4K undergrad.

I'll take Vandy.

*Edit* Hmmm...nvm. Looks like they've grown the UG base. It's up to 7K, now, too.

In my day stanford was 6,000 ugrads, 6,000 grads ... and a few salty post docs :roll eyes:

In my day stanford was 6,000 ugrads, 6,000 grads ... and a few salty post docs :roll eyes:
Just Googled. NYU has shrunk considerably overall since I graduated. It used to be 20K UG + 34K G + 3K-7K PG (can't remember) = 57K-61K overall

Today it's just 50K overall.

Just Googled. NYU has shrunk considerably overall since I graduated. It used to be 20K UG + 34K G + 3K-7K PG (can't remember) = 57K-61K overall

Today it's just 50K overall.

I had no idea that it was that big. Took my kids to NYC a couple of years ago and my daughter kind of fell for NYU, the West Village and SoHo. I talked to my buddy and he warned me that the heroin scene was big at NYU. He was most familiar with it 6 or 7 yrs ago.

What was it like in your time?

I had no idea that it was that big. Took my kids to NYC a couple of years ago and my daughter kind of fell for NYU, the West Village and SoHo. I talked to my buddy and he warned me that the heroin scene was big at NYU. He was most familiar with it 6 or 7 yrs ago.

What was it like in your time?
Largest private university in the nation. It's more a city than a school, but the campus isn't separated or gated from Manhattan itself, so even when you attend that isn't palpable.

Back