FBI has recording Michael Cohen made of conversation he had with Trump about payment to playboy mode

Wait, one of Trump's lawyers willingly gave this to the FBI?
If I ever need someone recommend me an attorney, Trump is the last guy I would ask.
He has had multiple attorneys make things worse for him. For a supposed master negotiator, he sure as hell don’t know how to hire an even semi competent attorney.

I would tell Mueller's team:

Don't go chasing waterfalls
Please stick to the scope and the laws that you're used to
I know that you're gonna find little or nothing at all
But I think you're moving too far.
3/10

If I ever need someone recommend me an attorney, Trump is the last guy I would ask.
He has had multiple attorneys make things worse for him. For a supposed master negotiator, he sure as hell don’t know how to hire an even semi competent attorney.
I've said it before and i'll say it again: this is a guy that liked Roy Cohn.

we should be after the truth, ethically.

the ends do not justify the means.

i'm not giving him a pass for his crimes, i'm giving him a pass for whateverevidence is gained by being illegally and unethically recorded.

Yes the truth should be found ethically. Ie the government shouldn't resort to illegal activity to find the truth. This doesn't really apply here since it was another party who did the recording, not the government, and in this case assuming it was recorded while in New York, this would fall under the one party consent wiretapping law.The secret recordings is definitely admissible in court from what I gather.

What Cohen did was an ethics violation.

Nothing about that is illegal. Trump's team waived his attorney-client privilege.

Trumps attorney at the time secretly recorded a conversation. Yes, that's illegal and unethical. We're done here.

Trumps attorney at the time secretly recorded a conversation. Yes, that's illegal and unethical. We're done here.
In New York State, it is not a criminal offense for a party to a telephone conversation to record that conversation without the other party's consent, because the recording party is “a sender or receiver” of the telephonic communication. N.Y.Penal Law § 250.00(1)

Edit: We're done here

In New York State, it is not a criminal offense for a party to a telephone conversation to record that conversation without the other party's consent, because the recording party is “a sender or receiver” of the telephonic communication. N.Y.Penal Law § 250.00(1)

Edit: We're done here

@spin_ just got schooled

Yeah, I agree, but it wasn't admitted into evidence. It was tagged as one of the items that fell under attorney client privilege and someone on Trump's team released it.

That doesn't change or counter my original assertion, or any one thereafter.

So far every poster's response has benn trying to find a way around my ethical objection, not through it.

So there's really nothing more to discuss

I've said it before and i'll say it again: this is a guy that liked Roy Cohn.
There have been so many of these garbage people that I can't remember who Roy Cohn is.

okay, I wiki-reminded myself. Yea, that guy was garbage.

Also, his work in the 80's is probably part of the reason Sanders did so well. Just a suspicion I have, that we'll find out lots of mystery donations and internet space went to influencing that primary to try to split the Democratic Party.

That doesn't change or counter my original assertion, or any one thereafter.

So far every poster's response has benn trying to find a way around my ethical objection, not through it.

So there's really nothing more to discuss
You just going to ignore my post that proves it was not illegal or unethical (Cohen was not going to be disbarred for that)?

Or he just doesn't take their advice. He seems to think he can pull one over on anyone. For example, if the reports are true, deciding how to initially present the Trump Tower meeting as a nothingburger.

Trump has addressed this and says he did nothing wrong with Cohen so he's not worried about taped conversations. Until I can hear the tapes myself I'm going to have to go with the president on this one. He has a much better track record than the Mueller probe, the media, and the intelligence community.

Honestly, I've never met someone, online or IRL, who is as shameless a partisan as you are.

It really challenges my understanding of the world, existentially speaking. You're like a character in a play, as opposed to a sovereign rational decision maker with actual thoughts and internal reasoning, and it really mind fucks me tbh.

Honestly, I've never met someone, online or IRL, who is as shameless a partisan as you are.

It really challenges my understanding of the world, existentially speaking. You're like a character in a play, as opposed to a sovereign rational decision maker with actual thoughts and internal reasoning, and it really mind fucks me tbh.

I think you're just mind fucked in general to be honest

There have been so many of these garbage people that I can't remember who Roy Cohn is.

okay, I wiki-reminded myself. Yea, that guy was garbage.

Also, his work in the 80's is probably part of the reason Sanders did so well. Just a suspicion I have, that we'll find out lots of mystery donations and internet space went to influencing that primary to try to split the Democratic Party.
He's a suprisingly important actor in 20th century American politics. Many of us remember McCarthy, but his oily right hand man gets less attention despite being very influential in his day.

Back