FDA proposes ban on menthol cigarettes and gets stricter on vaping

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
That's racist.

I haven't smoked in years but when I did it was Newport menthol.

In sweeping moves intended to curb smoking and vaping among youth, the Food and Drug Administration on Thursday tightened tobacco enforcement, announced plans to ban menthol cigarettes and many flavored small cigars, and moved forward with restrictions on sales of sweet-flavored electronic cigarette liquid.

The actions come in response to data released Thursday that show dramatic increases in vaping among young people. FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb has called the use of nicotine-delivering e-cigarettes by youth an "epidemic."

E-cigarette use was up 78 percent among high school students and 48 percent among middle-school students from 2017 to 2018, according to the 2018 National Youth Tobacco Survey released by the FDA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tes-menthol-cigars-scott-gottlieb/2003219002/

Lol, at this. They will be called Newport green, and the flavored Vapes will come in colors instead of flavors.

Nothing dumber than people who don't smoke but decided to start vaping.

Good. Smoking and vaping are disgusting habits.

Fuck all smokers you're a drain on the economy.

Say we legalized weed for 18 and up, what percentage of high school kids would just smoke their parents'/siblings' marijuana instead of wasting time with tobacco products? Politicians need to just acquiesce to this already.

Good. Smoking and vaping are disgusting habits.

yeah, but so are fatasses stuffing their faces in legal garbage called fast food. lots of shitty habits among our fellow humans. doesn't mean we should force people not to do them.

They need to get control of vapes. That stuff is infecting middle and high schools all over the country. It's currently illegal to purchase if you're under 18, but not illegal to possess and use. Lol. Absurd.

Banning cigarettes is not something I'm in favor of. It's an awful habit, maybe the worst. But I would never advocate for bainmimg something just because it's bad and I don't like it. That seems wrong. They might as well ban soda at that point, since it's useless and awful for you and I don't personally like it. I could point to diabetes rates and heart disease and obesity and give plenty of reasons. But we have freedom of choice, and we can choose what to destroy our bodies with.

E-cigarette use was up 78 percent among high school students and 48 percent among middle-school students from 2017 to 2018

Fucking kids ruin everything.

yeah, but so are fatasses stuffing their faces in legal garbage called fast food. lots of shitty habits among our fellow humans. doesn't mean we should force people not to do them.
Yeah, but I don't get second hand cholesterol standing next to someone eating a big Mac.

Lock 'em up for their own good? Or maybe just some community service?

No, nothing like that. Just a normal citation: confiscate the vape and give a small fine.

Second offense, larger fine and mandatory drug classes.

They need to get control of vapes. That stuff is infecting middle and high schools all over the country. It's currently illegal to purchase if you're under 18, but not illegal to possess and use. Lol. Absurd.

Banning cigarettes is not something I'm in favor of. It's an awful habit, maybe the worst. But I would never advocate for bainmimg something just because it's bad and I don't like it. That seems wrong. They might as well ban soda at that point, since it's useless and awful for you and I don't personally like it. I could point to diabetes rates and heart disease and obesity and give plenty of reasons. But we have freedom of choice, and we can choose what to destroy our bodies with.

Cigarettes are the same way.

You want the government to fine and/or arrest kids for possession of vape pens? lol

Cigarettes are the same way.

You want the government to fine and/or arrest kids for possession of vape pens? lol

Yes. Issue a citation. I'm not sure why that would be laughable? Genuinely confusing response.

No, nothing like that. Just a normal citation: confiscate the vape and give a small fine.

Second offense, larger fine and mandatory drug classes.

Destroying people's credit before they can even vote?

Nice

Back