FDA proposes ban on menthol cigarettes and gets stricter on vaping

Sounds like a dog whistle.
Everybody knows who smokes fucking menthols.
JK?
I never understood putting that shit in your lungs, but I smoke the wacky, so I probably should nt talk, lol.

Yes. Issue a citation. I'm not sure why that would be laughable? Genuinely confusing response.

You want to fine minors for possession of a water pen.

We don't even fine them for possession of cigarettes.

No, nothing like that. Just a normal citation: confiscate the vape and give a small fine.

Second offense, larger fine and mandatory drug classes.

Sounds like another opportunity for government to pick and choose who to hassle. But it's a good life-lesson in that government is always looking for a way to separate you from your money.

Sounds like another opportunity for government to pick and choose who to hassle. But it's a good life-lesson in that government is always looking for a way to separate you from your money.

Should kids be allowed to drink in middle and high school too?

Better pay those tickets then. That's called personal responsibility and it would be a good thing for young people to learn.

Talking about personal responsibility while advocating for the government to mandate behavior that only effects them personally....

Makes sense.

Should kids be allowed to drink in middle and high school too?

Certainly not while in class. What's wrong with you?

Seriously though, I'd leave that up to the parents. If the kids aren't doing any harm then I see no reason for government to be involved. Especially not the federal government. They should be staying out of the lives of individuals.

Certainly not while in class. What's wrong with you?

Seriously though, I'd leave that up to the parents. If the kids aren't doing any harm then I see no reason for government to be involved. Especially not the federal government. They should be staying out of the lives of individuals.

They'll be forced into labor to pay the fine?

Gotcha. We are just miles apart from the very foundation of this issue, I understand better now. You are not just disagreeing with how to enforce laws against underage drug use, you are saying under age kids should be allowed to use drugs.

I fundamentally disagree with allowing children to use drugs. That should be illegal for sure.

There is no real evidence that vaping is dangerous to your health and has helped millions like myself quit smoking.

Talking about personal responsibility while advocating for the government to mandate behavior that only effects them personally....

Makes sense.

Children using drugs only affects them personally?

That is miles from reality.

Menthol is still a thing? The 90's rave scene is having a panic attack right now.

Gotcha. We are just miles apart from the very foundation of this issue, I understand better now. You are not just disagreeing with how to enforce laws against underage drug use, you are saying under age kids should be allowed to use drugs.

I fundamentally disagree with allowing children to use drugs. That should be illegal for sure.

We're talking about nicotine and alcohol, not "drugs". Are you trying to misrepresent me to make my argument sound unreasonable?

The country of Spain fundamentally disagrees with you. I'll reiterate, it should be the parents' responsibility to make those decisions on what's allowable. Under my system kids learn to drink responsibly with adult supervision. Under yours the kids learn by sneaking around and get shitfaced with other kids.

We're talking about nicotine and alcohol, not "drugs". Are you trying to misrepresent me to make my argument sound unreasonable?

The country of Spain fundamentally disagrees with you. I'll reiterate, it should be the parents' responsibility to make those decisions on what's allowable. Under my system kids learn to drink responsibly with adult supervision. Under yours the kids learn by sneaking around and get shitfaced with other kids.

@IngaVovchanchyn too, since you agreed with that.

Nicotine and alcohol are drugs. I'm not sure how you got to the point of accusing me of misrepresenting you based on me saying they are, since it's just true.

We can discuss whether or not it would be helpful to change our entire culture as it relates to drinking, but that's a different discussion. Right now, I seem to be being called out for being accurate about alcohol and nicotine being drugs? That is genuinely confusing to me.

So you are saying kids should be allowed to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, but not use other drugs? Or are other drugs okay for kids too?

I'm only shocked the FDA decided to do something in the interest of public health for once

@IngaVovchanchyn too, since you agreed with that.

Nicotine and alcohol are drugs. I'm not sure how you got to the point of accusing me of misrepresenting you based on me saying they are, since it's just true.

We can discuss whether or not it would be helpful to change our entire culture as it relates to drinking, but that's a different discussion. Right now, I seem to be being called out for being accurate about alcohol and nicotine being drugs? That is genuinely confusing to me.

So you are saying kids should be allowed to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, but not use other drugs? Or are other drugs okay for kids too?

I liked his post because I think that the European lower drinking age is much wiser and allows young men and women to learn how to drink with their adult relatives and parents in much safer environs than some seedy college bar.

Back