Fedor had 9 pounds on Chael Sonnen.

It all depends.
If you want AJ to sound badass, you claim he was a WW that was smashing LHW's.
But if you want to put him down, you claim he was a LHW starving himself to make WW.

It only depends if you want to put someone up or down.

Or we should look at what his natural size is and go from there. How much he was cutting weight. Like Chael Sonnen weighing at 227 when he didn't cut weight. It's all verbal, but facts are not dependant upon the way you word it.

Does anyone remember the time when prime Fedor got KO’d by a 50 yo WW in the first round?
hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

Can’t wait to see how the “HW Goat” does against a mediocre career LHW.

oh really

PoshShimmeringBlackrhino-size_restricted.gif

Battler of TRTS.

Chael Sonnen and his fans acting like Chael Sonnen was a middleweight fighting heavyweight.

For example, Sonnen weighed in heavier against Fedor than Fedor did against Henderson. Just because someone fights at certain weight class, it doesn't mean that they are necessarily smaller by same proportions.

Look at Rumble. Is he a welterweight fighting lightheavyweights just because he used to fight at welterweights?

Okay, Rumble must be welterweight then. Since he spent majority of his career there.

Makes sense. What's your Iq, is it two digits or one digit

It's not where you spend a majority of your career, it's where you find most of your success. Rumble was the most successful at LHW. Chael was the most successful at MW. You can't look at me with a straight face and say that Chael is as suited for heavyweight as Fedor is.

We should just forget that fight ever happened. The Mir fight was nice, it was good to see Fedor get a win. But if Sonnen actually put any real effort in it seemed like he would of won that fight.
Nah. Fedor cracked him hard. Repeatedly. And Chael wasn't exactly having his way in the grappling, though he did show he could move Fedor around and get him down. Chael did well enough that it makes Fedor's win respectable. But he wasn't winning that fight and he was trying

It's not where you spend a majority of your career, it's where you find most of your success. Rumble was the most successful at LHW. Chael was the most successful at MW. You can't look at me with a straight face and say that Chael is as suited for heavyweight as Fedor is.

oh really? is that so? so you shrink in proportion to the success you achieve in a weight class?

Does anyone remember the time when prime Fedor got KO’d by a 50 yo WW in the first round?
hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

lol Why do people keep bringing up Fedor's losses when he was way past his prime fighting against guys on TRT?

Chael Sonnen and his fans acting like Chael Sonnen was a middleweight fighting heavyweight.

For example, Sonnen weighed in heavier against Fedor than Fedor did against Henderson. Just because someone fights at certain weight class, it doesn't mean that they are necessarily smaller by same proportions.

Look at Rumble. Is he a welterweight fighting lightheavyweights just because he used to fight at welterweights?
FWIW fedors arms and torso looked massive next to Chael's.

oh really? is that so? so you shrink in proportion to the success you achieve in a weight class?
No, it just means your body is more fit for fighting at a certain weight. On top of this, Fedor has more experience being at heavyweight. So regardless of where this size debate goes (which is ridiculous because Fedor and Sonnen are definitely not the same size), Fedor most definitely had an advantage on that night.

I mean, yeah, there's no need for excuses. But come on - it's like saying Eddie Alvarez is a middleweight cause he walks around at 195lbs. Chael has small bones, he's a legit MW. Even LHW is too much for him. He looked like Tito's little brother with a hair piece in his Bellator debut.
Chael should be a LHW the cut to MW was taxing on him. Tito is just a big dude that could easily be a HW

hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

Wait when did hendo ever fight at ww? Unless you're talking about prides ww division which is equivalent to UFC 185. You clearly have no idea wtf you're talking about haha

~DaViD~

No, it just means your body is more fit for fighting at a certain weight. On top of this, Fedor has more experience being at heavyweight. So regardless of where this size debate goes (which is ridiculous because Fedor and Sonnen are definitely not the same size), Fedor most definitely had an advantage on that night.

Oh really you get better at fighting by cutting weights now?

why are people getting worked up by a Bellator seniors tour semi-circus fight?

both fighters looked pretty bad.

I mean, I watched it because it was Fedor. It makes me sad but I can't look away.

hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

That WW(185) is 3-1 at HW with wins over Big Nog and Fedor. I really can't stand when people act like Hendo isn't at his best at LHW and HW and isn't as good at 185. I don't think you are doing this cause this post is dripping with scarcasm.

The guy moving up in weight who impresses me is Bader. Dude is weighing in at 230 and still sporting a six pack. That cut to 205 must be brutal for him.

Not as bad as you think. He weighed in at what ,228 for HW? That means he could be 225 with a better diet, and has to cut 20 pounds to make 205. At that weight, that's less than 10% bodyweight -- that's a smaller cut than TJ Dillashaw (150 to 135)!!

Wait when did hendo ever fight at ww? Unless you're talking about prides ww division which is equivalent to UFC 185. You clearly have no idea wtf you're talking about haha

~DaViD~
I'm pretty sure he's being scarcastic by saying Hendo is a WW and was 50. Hendo's best wins are at 205 and HW anyway.

We should just forget that fight ever happened. The Mir fight was nice, it was good to see Fedor get a win. But if Sonnen actually put any real effort in it seemed like he would of won that fight.
Sonnen got clocked 14 seconds in, to say that he didn't put any real effort into it just shows you're an idiot.

I'm pretty sure he's being scarcastic by saying Hendo is a WW and was 50. Hendo's best wins are at 205 and HW anyway.

He was a Welterweight in PRIDE... Where the WW division was 183 lbs :>

despite his success at HW, Fedor is really a LHW by modern standards. He clearly carries around a bit of extra weight and making 205 would have been a breeze.

I've long maintained that Fedor's ideal move (from strictly a competitive standpoint, rather than personal life) would have been to drop to LHW following Pride (or at least after Affliction), diversified or completely changed camps, and joined the UFC.

A slimmed down Fedor, with a new camp to better evolve his game, could have ruled the UFC LHW division for *years*, IMHO.

as for Sonnen, his future is at 205...but good luck dealing with the likes of Bader, Davis, etc.

I agree. Fedor could weigh 230 and cut to 205. That's a 25 pound cut, but it's less than 10% bodyweight from 230. That's less of a cut than Dillashaw (150 to 135, 10% bodyweight cut).

Sonnen is a middleweight and Fedor is a heavyweight. That's where they fought the majority of their respective careers.

Shut the fuck up dummy.

Not making excuses but Fedor is a small hw. Curious, what would you call DC then?

I disagree with the assessment of Sonnen, he looks horrible. I liked Fedor too, but he doesn't have what it takes to be elite and that's ok, he once did and for a very long time. Age happens, it's happened for them and that fight was a B-Level fight at best.

Their best days are most certainly behind them. I look at the guys in their primes right now though and it doesn't blow my hair back. I think we should stop and consider if what we picture as elite is actually a reality. There sure are a lot of old men still lingering around and finding success here and there.

Back