Fedor injures knee in training camp preparing for Mir, will still fight.

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

According to Fedor's coach, Vladimir Voronov Fedor is suffering from "bursitis" in his knee which basically means he has inflammation in his knee. Says that he is still training 100% (lol) and will be ready for the fight. Also says Fedor will be training in Stary Oskol (sad) with his regular training partners. Hopefully he didnt blow his knee out because inflammation occurs when you tear ligaments.

This is just sad and its not looking good for the GOAT. 41 year old Fedor with a blown out knee fighting in Bellator against Frank Mir who takes limbs.

Regardless what happens we are going down with the ship. Its been one hell of a ride.
tumblr_lj7p51jTtn1qct7az.gif

giphy.gif

Then again. At this point in their careers its not like it really matters. Just go out there and swing for the fences boys.

pinch of salt come to mind. Having seen recent pictures of him in the gym I thought he looked in good shape, better than the Matt fight anyhow. This is very unlike Fedor's camp to release such sensitive information even though we know he has fought multiple times injured, we usually only find out after the fight. Games being played I reckon.

pinch of salt come to mind. Having seen recent pictures of him in the gym I thought he looked in good shape, better than the Matt fight anyhow. This is very unlike Fedor's camp to release such sensitive information even though we know he has fought multiple times injured, we usually only find out after the fight. Games being played I reckon.

They were vocal about his injury in the Hunt fight where he had a fracture in his foot.

Also everyone knew his hand was broken in the Mirko fight too.

For the Cro Cop fight I remember Zentsov saying Fedor fractured the hand 4 months prior to the fight, it had healed but their were bone fragments floating around causing pain. nothing out of the ordinary, fighters endure bone fragments in their hands / elbow / knees their entire careers. the media jumped on the 'broken hand' thing and so did Cro Cop , he said several times in the build up Fedor would duck him due to a broken hand, not true.

As for the Hunt fight, I don't recall that being said at any point during the build up, I remember Cro cop declined to fight Fedor that night because he had an injured foot and so Fedor fought Hunt.

They were vocal about his injury in the Hunt fight where he had a fracture in his foot.

Also everyone knew his hand was broken in the Mirko fight too.

His left hand was fucked up in some form or other in basically every fight from the Fujita fight in 2003 until he got it fixed in 2006 before the Coleman fight, he's been fucked up for years. I think he broke his right hand in the Rogers fight.

I remember Cro cop declined to fight Fedor that night because he had an injured foot and so Fedor fought Hunt.

To add further context (on what is turning out to be a fun trip down injury memory lane :D), Mirko initially suffered that injury to his foot in 2005. That's why he was wearing shoes in his fight with Hunt (the better to kick him with, though he still never even dropped that iron-jawed psycho :cool:) and why he went through the first two rounds of the OWGP almost never using his patented left leg. It was his plan to run through the OWGP and then fix his foot after winning. That went according to plan. Just shitty timing with the Fedor rematch :mad:

For the Cro Cop fight I remember Zentsov saying Fedor fractured the hand 4 months prior to the fight, it had healed but their were bone fragments floating around causing pain. nothing out of the ordinary, fighters endure bone fragments in their hands / elbow / knees their entire careers. the media jumped on the 'broken hand' thing and so did Cro Cop , he said several times in the build up Fedor would duck him due to a broken hand, not true.

As for the Hunt fight, I don't recall that being said at any point during the build up, I remember Cro cop declined to fight Fedor that night because he had an injured foot and so Fedor fought Hunt.

Here is Bas Rutten telling Mirko backstage that Fedor's hand is fucked and that he can barely punch with it.

As far as the Hunt fight goes, Fedor's camp released a statement prior to the fight that Fedor broke his foot/big toe in training just a few weeks before the fight.

To add to this, I just read Hunt's autobiography in which he said he fought Fedor with a broken hand (IIRC).

Hopefully the GOAT is trying to goad Mir into doing a leg attack and Fedor has some new revolutionary anti-leg attack reversal instant win technique developed that will shock us all :eek:

Here is Bas Rutten telling Mirko backstage that Fedor's hand is fucked and that he can barely punch with it.

As far as the Hunt fight goes, Fedor's camp released a statement prior to the fight that Fedor broke his foot/big toe in training just a few weeks before the fight.

I love Bas, but in fairness, I'll take what Fedor's coach's and training partners have said in the aftermath of the fight rather than Bas reiterating what the rumours before the fight were. Yes his thumb had floating bone fragments, no it wasn't broken at that point.

i just hope that Mir is gentle to him when he gets a hold of one of his limps...

If CroCop can take steroids after injuries on training and still be in this sport then Fedor can use them too

I love Bas, but in fairness, I'll take what Fedor's coach's and training partners have said in the aftermath of the fight rather than Bas reiterating what the rumours before the fight were. Yes his thumb had floating bone fragments, no it wasn't broken at that point.

In this same video around the 5 minute mark Fedor is walking down the stairs and back to the locker room and says, "ruki razbitie" which in Russian means " my hands are broken"

Last edited:
That is after the fight. My original argument is that at no point in the build up did anyone close to Fedor's camp come out and say his hand was broken. We know it was broken 4 months prior to fighting Cro Cop, we know he spent an 8 week camp training with floating fragments in his thumb (not training with a broken hand like was being claimed by Bas, Cro Cop, the media etc) . We know he had the necessary surgery after the Cro Cop fight to correct the additional damage sustained in the Cro Cop fight as well correct the bone fragment issue he had before the fight.

A knee injury will likely affect mobility and/or conditioning.

Could be fake news and psychological warfare :eek:

Just don't start with any pre-fight excuses. At their age, both fighters are dealing with old and new injuries all the time. And Mir has suffered a lot more beatdowns and KO's than Fedor.

Back