Fedor throwing 3 power shots in 1 sec.

jqzVk4.gif
Curious where do you even learn that to counter it? Is that a Sambo thing?

He only has it in short spurts now but man is Fedor fun to watch. That combo is a throwback to his Pride days.

Curious where do you even learn that to counter it? Is that a Sambo thing?

That's judo. Uchi mata, inner thigh throw.

Works amazing to counter body lock takedowns. He did it to Lindland too.

I've never seen Chael drop like that. Chael has an underrated chin, even if the guy is a quitter.
Hard to get knocked out cold if you cover up and wait for the ref to save you as soon as the opponent gets top position on you

Chael is a great thinker like that

Yes lets ignore decades of being used to fighting heavyweights vs fighting @ 185. Chael was not, is not and will never be anything other than a MW, even in his prime this was evident when he moved up. Weight stats don't tell the story, fanboys. It was beyond obvious that Fedor was the much bigger and stronger guy in there.
Sonnen was stronger then rampage and Wanderlei lol

Fedor was 9lbs heavier and carried much more bodyfat. Eat ass with this middleweight bullshit

~DaViD~

Yup. If Fedor dropped his chub he'd be around 205 lean. He could have been shredded and fought at MW easily - a lot of those MW guys are pushing 210 lbs on fight night, and balloon up to Fedor's current weight between fights.

Same size as Fedor? Youre a funny man, you should've been a clown lol. Anderson Silva was such a disappointment that instead of fighting at LHW he preferred to cut weight and fight guys smaller than him. He fought gatekeepers like Lutter, Leben, Maia, Leites and whats worse is he got beat by 2 below average fighters in Chonan and some one else who I cant remember lol. When he stepped up to real competition like Weidman he lost. Only good wins he has are Rich and Dan.

You can say whatever you want about Rua, truth is he offered to fight Silva and Silva like always was pissed at Rua cause as you know Silva believes Brazilians shouldnt fight Brazilians. Unless that Brazilian is mediocre like Leites and Maia....

Pointless to hate on Silva. Praise Fedor but don't put one man down to bring up another.

Yes lets ignore decades of being used to fighting heavyweights vs fighting @ 185. Chael was not, is not and will never be anything other than a MW, even in his prime this was evident when he moved up. Weight stats don't tell the story, fanboys. It was beyond obvious that Fedor was the much bigger and stronger guy in there.
Chael is a big MW,but yes Fedor is def much stronger and used to throwing SHW's around and bashing the fuck out of them.

Anderson was the first man to drop him and the difference is, he finished him after dropping him. Fedor was dicking around for minutes with a guy several weight classes smaller.

And another parallel with a man named Dan Henderson.

I knew... one day I'll be able to use this gif again. Glad I saved it.

If Chael wanted to throw the fight he'd fail on a takedown, go to his back and then give up an arm or his neck. He's not taking shots to the face.

Chael basically did this multiple times. He'd fail a takedown and then flop to his back waiting for Fedor to jump on him Werdum/Nog style. Fedor just kept signaling for him to stand back up though.

Chael wanted Fedor to just come to the ground but Fedor wasn't following.

Fedor power punch flurry is a sight to behold

I actually think that is the best Fedor's striking has ever looked (those 3 fights before he retired the first time). He was using hard low kicks and doing some amazing things with his striking, very sharp. He still had a chin then too and wasn't nearly as sloppy as he tends to get now days. Of course he was also probably 35 or 36 years old, not 42.

If you had told me that after the Henderson loss and then the joke fights against Maldonado and the other 2 or 3 journeymen he fought when he looked DONE.....that he would go on to KO Pedro Rizzo, join Bellator, beat Frank Mir, beat Chael and survive this long in a tournament and STILL be entertaining the fans via "fight or die" crazy fights I wouldnt believe you.

To me there are three Fedors -

Pride Fedor - GOAT
Post Hendo Fedor - Looked slow, spent and unmotivated.
Comeback Fedor - Exciting, fast and capable of picking up the odd good win.

Fedor nuthuggers need to realize the era Fedor reigned in, and the training methods he grew up with, were not conducive to a long "prime" or "evolving as a fighter". The toll on his body and the way training, gameplans and skillsets have evolved means Fedor 3.0 is never gonna be a dominant champ or be capable of beating the VERY best nowadays.......but his record is so strong he could lose another 5 fights and still have a better record, heritage and legacy than 99% of MMA fighters who have ever fought.

I will watch any Fedor fight no matter what. He will lose again (maybe a wrestle-fuck by Bader) but the Last Emperor always offers excitement and always comes to finish.

War Fedor.

"He who doesnt not fall down.......never stands up." - The Last Emperor.

Back