Fedor vs. CroCop - (Rate the fight)

Rate the fight

• Total voters
Oldschool Khabib (Fedor) and Cro Cop (Conor) fight where grappler beat striker on the feet.

Although I wanted to see a finish I voted 10 because of Fedor

Dang, this makes me sad. 1. MMA was so epic back then. 2. Watching their old, overweight selves fight now compared to back in the day. Fedor may have declined with age but he is still about the same weight as back then. Wand and Rampage look like crap now.
Exactly, Prime Wandy simply smashed... 2:2 my ass, after they both past their prime...
War Wanderlei!

I wrote this already a couple of times, but I'll do it again. At the time MMA was really mainstream. Everyone was talking about this fight at the time. Everyone. Nowdays people don't even know what MMA is. Some might know Conor and/or UFC and that's it.

Anyway I voted excellent because this is my all time favourite MMA fight.

edit: He reduced Fedor (who was considered untouchable at the time) to this:
fedorafter_original.jpg
[/spoiler

Last edited:
10/10 Excellent, it's one of my favorite HW fights ever. I wish I could have seen it happen live and with all the context it deserves.

The stand up part of it was 10/10. Once it got to the ground it lost a couple of points for me. The only memorable moment there was a Werdum-esque triangle attempt from CroCop but he was too tired to get it.

The build up and anticipation were a 10 out of 10. The actual fight itself was probably the most overrated fight of all time TBH. It was good, but not great

If the HW division was a 10/10 back then, it's a 3/10 now.

LOL the HW division has always been one of the worst divisions. Its a 2/10 right now and maybe a 5/10 at its best

Such a badass. After the Sonnen fight my dad called me and said “you gotta show me some old Fedor fights”

Really? The fucking Sonnen fight convinced him he needed to see more Fedor?

Great scrap with an amazing lead in.

The technical skill and conditioning was off the charts here for Heavyweight standards

Up there with Fedor - Nog and JDS - Cain fights in terms of overall talent

Really? The fucking Sonnen fight convinced him he needed to see more Fedor?

Forgive him. He’s old and hasn’t been a big mma fan. He only watched that because he saw a commercial for it

Any longtime MMA fans remember this backstage clip of Fedor watching Aleks get KO'd by Cro Cop on the same event he was about to fight on? And then Cro Cop went on the mic and said "Emelianenko, Fyodor... You ahr nehxt!"

The fight between Fedor and Cro Cop was a very good fight and all, there were definitely better fights, but for like an entire year there was so much build up to Fedor and Cro Cop finally going at it. And this clip certainly added to the anticipation.

Its one of my favorite fights. I give it a 9/10, I would've given it a 10 if the fight had finality and had ended in a finish but nonetheless it's still one of my highest ranked fights of all time

I was so hyped for it at the time that I got together with a random sherdog member whose name I can't recall and went to his house in New Jersey just to watch it cause I had no other way of seeing it lol. Never really talked to the dude after that, not for any bad reason we just lost contact. All I remember is dude was from Spain originally, if you out there and read this Holla lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back