Fedor's Takedown Game Gifs!

Lombard managed to blend striking+throws like Fedor vs Shields.

Yes he did, and it was pretty. I wish he'd been more active on the ground but you can't complain about the takedowns in that fight, they were sweet as f*%&.

He looks like he'd be exhausting to clinch with. I know what it's like to have a strong, explosive guy lurch you this way or that way...if you are late even a little bit and you have to muscle to keep your balance you will take a sledgehammer hit to your gas tank.

Good thread resurrection, I haven't seen this before

Behind that belly is actually an elite ahtlete.

Fedor was always very technical, explosive and quick.

Many people overlook people's athleticism because of how they're built.

Fedor is one of the most talented fighters ever, despite in my opinion never even reaching his true potential.

I'm a huge Fedor fan and even I underestimated how strong his flabby self was. One of the hammerhouse guys said he was the strongest guy they ever fought and I assumed they meant core strength.

Then last year Fedor enters an international armwrestling tournament with no training and no prior experience and comes in 2nd.

The man is an even bigger beast than we thought.

I'm a huge Fedor fan and even I underestimated how strong his flabby self was. One of the hammerhouse guys said he was the strongest guy they ever fought and I assumed they meant core strength.

Then last year Fedor enters an international armwrestling tournament with no training and no prior experience and comes in 2nd.

The man is an even bigger beast than we thought.

Think we often forget that you dont need a sixpack to be strong. Always loved this pic, you can just see that he is a beast, compared to his last couple of fights where he was starting to look a bit flabby.

Fedor_Emelianenko_1000823.jpg

Awesome, I never noticed how much he likes kosoto gake.

You can tell a lot of his upper body ones are with the kosoto in mind but the emphasis is on bringing them up and turning rather than the hook and down.

It's the TD he hit on Goodridge. And the difference from the technique in the vid I posted to the one in the vid you posted is negligible and is no closer to Fedor's TD. He only uses his arms and makes it more of a double-leg than a trip, as it's executed in its stricter Judo execution seen in those vids.

ibyPvrlvv1V2K2.gif

What was he missing?

Not that I agree with the guy who posted that but I just have to say, he stated "in my opinion" therefore it is an opinion.

Now Fedor is clearly the GOAT, but does beating every opponent you ever faced (which Fedor didn't do) necessarily mean that you reached your absolute fullest potential? The answer is no, it does not necessarily mean that.

The guy was stating an opinion and also doesn't necessarily know what, if anything, Fedor was "missing" from his game.

Just wanted to clear that up a bit.

Wow.. keep forgetting how slick and smoothly he transitioned to takedowns

2lng0lj.gif

I did this in BJJ once. I mean this exact, behind the back grip, while wearing a blue gi, throw... although it was a rolling throw and I immediately got my back taken... I still dedicated it to Fedor.

Just watched that gif over and over for like 3 minutes Ippy.

What event was that from?

Back