Fedor's Takedown Game Gifs!

I'll contribute to the thread with some proper necromancy skills.

Some more of Emelianenko's handywork in SAMBO:

fedor3_zps9hn665yp.gif

fedor5_zps5xnx9md1.gif

fedor2_zpskogt3xwq.gif

And finally, some very old stuff. This was a russian championship final vs Aleksei Oleinik.

fedor13_zpsj6dkbvqc.gif

fedor11_zpsfco68gea.gif

fedor12_zpsxsurmghw.gif

Anyone do gifs for his handwork post Rogers fight? Would love to see this updated. It's an excellent study of takedowns in actual competition

Those kinds of TDs are definitely more physically taxing than a simple ko soto gari/gake, however they also have a lot more impact. Perhaps Fedor chose to employ that type of TD because he wanted to actually hurt his opponent with it rather than just get him to the ground?

The only thing that saved Nog to the bell was the mat, had it been floorboard, concrete or even dirt, Nog would have been finished

To this day I have yet to see a fighter who is as smooth and fluid when it comes to transitioning from striking to clinching to throwing etc.

Fedor was so damn skilled and cerebral in his prime. Working all aspects of mixfight flowing from one to the other. SO masterful.

He makes it look so easy. I really want to be able to clinch throw like fedor does, but I don't even know where to start.

The uchi mata counter to a bodylock against Lindland is superb.
The reversal he does to olympic Ogawa... MOTHER OF GOD

Gotta love me some Fedor takedowns
You cant ignore the grabbing of the ropes against Lindland though. Matt had him fully locked up in that clinch.

One thing that's always piqued my curiosity about Fedor, Ive never once heard of or seen him training with a world class wrestler or judoka, and Ive been a fan for a long time. Im sure there are examples (articles or videos) out there so if someone knows of any please do share.

One thing that's always piqued my curiosity about Fedor, Ive never once heard of or seen him training with a world class wrestler or judoka, and Ive been a fan for a long time. Im sure there are examples (articles or videos) out there so if someone knows of any please do share.
He apparently trained with Volk Han on Russian Top Team who was a freestyle wrestler from daegstan . https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volk_Han
About his judo if I am not mistaken judo was his first sport and he was an olympic alternate for the Russian National team. Also check out this thread posted by a different sherdogger http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/f...ally-in-display-long-after-his-prime.3755913/

Last edited:

id love to see an instructional or him go over his fav things he likes to do he doesnt seem to like his takedowns as much anymore last fights iv seen hes just head hunting non stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back