Media Fedor's Uchimata Reversal

Lol white belt shit in Gi BJJ. To pull it off with no clothes via overhook is simply amazing. I always appreciate fighters that nail Judo throws in MMA.

Fedor’s been reversing Team Quest in spectacular fashion for years....is normal.
giphy.gif

That was fucking amazing.

Fedor’s center of gravity reactions are just insane.

Kinda reminded me of Ronda & Zingano’s crazy scramble:

rousey-zingano-tapout.gif

RVkR.gif

He grabbed the ropes.....bodog, I remember that
He did grab the ropes but I don’t feel it had any effect on the outcome. Matt did his fair share of cheating in general too. I seem to remember him committing some kind of foul in that fight too but I’d have to rewatch it.

And people say Fedor doesn't know how to use the cage

They never look the same as they do in practice.

Definitely missed the thigh reap but his kuzushi was enough.

Oh for sure, but a great uchimata is a thing of beauty, and this was definitely on the clumsy side. At the end of the day it worked and that's the important thing, and as you said- his kuzushi was perfect, he understood the weight transfer but just missed the leg, which lost him the control at the end.

168-5.gif

This was a picture perfect uchimata reversal, possibly the best one I've seen in UFC. Wish there were more judoka, I've long believed it to be vastly underrated if applied in MMA, it counters a lot of traditional wrestling.

He did grab the ropes but I don’t feel it had any effect on the outcome. Matt did his fair share of cheating in general too. I seem to remember him committing some kind of foul in that fight too but I’d have to rewatch it.

Matt had grabbed the ropes to trap Fedor in the corner in the first place.

Fedor did use the rope for balance, so I guess both had fouled and it cancels out. :D

Didn't that motherfucker intentionally stink like shit or something to throw off his opponents? I remember someone who fought him mentioning something to that effect.

Matt had grabbed the ropes to trap Fedor in the corner in the first place.

Fedor did use the rope for balance, so I guess both had fouled and it cancels out. :D
Thanks. I kind of had a feeling it was a rope grab too.

Didn't that motherfucker intentionally stink like shit or something to throw off his opponents? I remember someone who fought him mentioning something to that effect.
I have a personal experience with that one. This guy I used to train with was prepping a fighter backstage at Rumble on the Rock in Hawaii. He said Matt Lindland was there warming up too and he said, “he smelled like a fuckin horse.” He said it was hard to concentrate it was so bad and it seemed intentional.

Was a thing a fucking beauty. I watched it a dozen times or so (and I was rooting for Chael).

I have a personal experience with that one. This guy I used to train with was prepping a fighter backstage at Rumble on the Rock in Hawaii. He said Matt Lindland was there warming up too and he said, “he smelled like a fuckin horse.” He said it was hard to concentrate it was so bad and it seemed intentional.
hahah that is so fucking nasty. I knew I read something about that way back when. I think it was Rampage. I feel sorry for your friend. Imagine rolling with such a stinking motherfucker.

Sure, maybe not your traditional throws but still impressive considering the opponent.

FedorChael03.gif

FedorChael01.gif

Oh for sure, but a great uchimata is a thing of beauty, and this was definitely on the clumsy side. At the end of the day it worked and that's the important thing, and as you said- his kuzushi was perfect, he understood the weight transfer but just missed the leg, which lost him the control at the end.

168-5.gif

This was a picture perfect uchimata reversal, possibly the best one I've seen in UFC. Wish there were more judoka, I've long believed it to be vastly underrated if applied in MMA, it counters a lot of traditional wrestling.

Ronda's judo is very very good.

Karo has a nice uchimata to reverse a body lock (can't remember which fight) and Fedor had a sweet one vs. Lindland.

Back