Feed to Ryota Murata a top 5 opponent already!

I was talking about Sergio's jabs.

Either way, Murata is on a whole different level. He wouldve beaten Pavlik, Hopkins, and maybe even prime Cotto. The guy is talented.
Can you share your drugs or won't dan let you?

Either way, Murata is on a whole different level. He wouldve beaten Pavlik, Hopkins, and maybe even prime Cotto. The guy is talented.

He's no Mason Menard.

If Cotto beats Kirkland I think Murata vs Cotto would be a good HBO/Top Rank fight.

I got Murata by UD
Awesome passing of the torch.
Since Cotto said 2017 will be his last year before retirment.
Great build up narrative for such an great prospect as Murata.
Pac didn't give his to Crawford. Maybe we'll atleast get this one.

Ryuta has the potential to hold the lineal title in 2-3 years. gennady would be passed it by then.

they're definitely bringing murata up the right way. not rushing in too much, & it shows cause he looks so much better each fight.
he's not ready for ggg yet.
but he's certainly ready to beatup a guy like a saunders.
murata is a simple fighter who does the basics really well. all of his punches are powerful & well placed.
i think will give anyone problems.

I heard Murata is in talks against BJS.

He would destroy BJS

I heard Murata is in talks against BJS.

He would destroy BJS
"Another discussion Arum said he and Warren are having is about Ryota Murata, the 2012 Japanese Olympic gold medalist Arum co-promotes, challenging world titleholder Billy Joe Saunders. “We’re talking about the fight if Saunders doesn’t fight Canelo [Alvarez] in May,” Arum said." -- ESPN

However: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/01/canelos-plan-b-saunders-chavez-jr-fight-not-happened/

I wonder if they'll shit on Canelo more than Mayweather later on. The politics manipulation in his favor dwarf what Mayweather had by a long shot. For instance, all those catchweights, this shitty money fight, the more than obvious ducking, the astronomically bizare 119 one judge scored in his favor against Mayweather, and of course one of the most obvious ducks to an anticipated matchup in recent memory.

TITLE SHOT!
TITLE SHOT!
TITLE SHOT!
replace David with Murata! IDGF

what's next for murata

has to be a top rank contract fighter..
murata may make his debut in the U.S. vs a top 15 fighter

based on his performance, top rank has to work out a deal with hbo- lemieux, saunders, maybe charlo? jacobs makes sense
because there are really no other interesting fights at MW
everything else seems like a step down

end of 2018
then depending on GGG & canelo
maybe they'll consider murata as an option for GGG down the road

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}[<dunn]

Dude....hes a good fighter. But cmon

what's next for murata

has to be a top rank contract fighter..
murata may make his debut in the U.S. vs a top 15 fighter

based on his performance, top rank has to work out a deal with hbo- lemieux, saunders, maybe charlo? jacobs makes sense
because there are really no other interesting fights at MW
everything else seems like a step down

end of 2018
then depending on GGG & canelo
maybe they'll consider murata as an option for GGG down the road
I think him vs charlo would be a good fight and is the fight to make next for both

Lol, thread fell apart at "he could beat Pavlik, HOPKINS and *maybe* even prime Cotto".

At the end of the day, I have to agree with Jay, Mason Menard is heads and tails above the pack (doesn't matter what weight), and we can look forward to a bright future from him.

Andy Lee beats Murata. Make that fight.

Jacobs is the top rated WBA contender who would make some sense around in early to mid 2018 as Brant, Canelo and Lemieux (the guys rated ahead of him on the WBA list) aren't going to be available in one way or another in all likelihood (assuming Jacobs beats down his tuneup). I kind of doubt Bob wants Murata's introduction into the States to be against someone of Jacobs' caliber, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs wants to pursue the Saunders/Lemieux winner so as to really force the fight between the Golovkin/Canelo rematch winner (God willing it happens this May as it should).

Chudinov is the next highest rated MW contender (according to the WBA), but he hasn't made MW since getting stopped by Eubank Jr. in early '15. Not a lot of WBA options, really, although, we'll likely get a soft touch to enter him into the States (if Bob wants to make the US transition; maybe he won't as Murata is drawing huge in Japan).

Jacobs is the top rated WBA contender who would make some sense around in early to mid 2018 as Brant, Canelo and Lemieux aren't going to be available in one way or another in all likelihood (assuming Jacobs beats down his tuneup). I kind of doubt Bob wants Murata's introduction into the States to be against someone of Jacobs' caliber, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs wants to pursue the Saunders/Lemieux winner so as to really force the fight between the Golovkin/Canelo rematch winner (God willing it happens this May as it should).
Quillin, Brant, Rosado, Monroe Jr, or Andy Lee, are winnable fights for Murata
Canelo, GGG, and Jacobs are not.

I think Lemeuix or Sanders would be a good one too. Forget about them

Quillin, Brant, Rosado, Monroe Jr, or Andy Lee, are winnable fights for Murata
Canelo, GGG, and Jacobs are not.

I'd say so. Rosado would actually be a good choice for an entrance fight. Tough guy who will likely make an entertaining fight, but not a big threat offensively at this point. Lee does carry a risk factor due to that counter left hook and he's not rated by the WBA (neither is Rosado).

Murata got a prime time slot on Japan’s NHK(public TV) tonight as a documentary bio up to his recent title victory. His father refuses to attend his fights since does not like seeing him get punched. Nice family man with 2 children. This will help elevate him further. He acknowledges the pressure but uses it as it is part of the fight. Will be interesting to see how his next bout aligned.

Back