Fellow PS4 owners. How many of you were bent over today?

Supposedly has to scan the drive during installation prep and if there is an issue it will fail to install the patch.

Yeah, that's what I saw. So basically if your blue ray drive is working, you're going to be good to go.

If your drive isn't working, you have two options.

- Don't install the update and wait until a fix is released. However, online play will be disabled
or
- Fix your drive somehow

I wouldn't crush Sony too hard for this. It's an easy oversight, I'm sure they don't have test consoles with broken blue ray drives.

However, they need to fix this in days, not weeks.

Last edited:
I have both xbox and PS4 and shit like this is why I dont touch my PS4 ever now. I just go on PC or XB1 if i want to play console, SONY has shit customer service.

I have both xbox and PS4 and shit like this is why I dont touch my PS4 ever now. I just go on PC or XB1 if i want to play console, SONY has shit customer service.
that's funny because I haven't touches my XB1 since I was able to find a PS4 and other than the powercord error that forced me to curb stomp my first PS4 no problems.

that's funny because I haven't touches my XB1 since I was able to find a PS4 and other than the powercord error that forced me to curb stomp my first PS4 no problems.
Haha funny how that works out. I've always been a fan of both, I just prefer Microsoft.

I like both too but there was hardly anything to play other then Titanfall and after the nerf to the points for taking zones just stopped playing and started to play ported games on the ps4. That plus the whole voice command shit pissed me off microsoft must really hate ppl with a Texas twang.

Mine was fine

Rarely play online so don't care much

Welp, now the owner of a brand new PlayStation. One with a working drive. Goodbye old 2013 OG model.

Yikes, guess I won't turn my PS4 on until that is sorted. Is there a way to factory reset your PS4?

No issues here thankfully. I have been playing PES 2017 since June from the HDD, so hopefully nothing happened to my bluray drive

As an aside to this, has anyone's wifi on the ps4 been getting worse? I do not know if it is the wifi, or just the apps (hulu, hbogo, etc) but I get a ton of buffering and loading issues, and it has been going on for awhile now.
I keep getting D/C on my lan cable and WiFi just doesn't load anything since update

No issues here thankfully. I have been playing PES 2017 since June from the HDD, so hopefully nothing happened to my bluray drive
A lot of people in that thread were finding out that their drives had died and they never noticed.

i thought this was about the price rise for psn,but mine updated and I've had no issues.

Mine worked, but it couldn't come at a worse time. For some reason I was having issues ordering the UFC on Xfinity so I was like whatever I will just get it on PS4. Go to order it and I jave to sit through this massive download which was going slow as can be. I have a fast internet connection, but the 375 MB download took 20 minutes.

Yesterday my Ps4 popped up an error. I thought it was this error code at first and I thought "Fuck me! Not on Sunday". Thankfully it was nothing and I was able t continue playing after I pressed ok.

As an aside to this, has anyone's wifi on the ps4 been getting worse? I do not know if it is the wifi, or just the apps (hulu, hbogo, etc) but I get a ton of buffering and loading issues, and it has been going on for awhile now.
Mines fine

Back