Female Cop Rescued By Homeless Man

you can accept the risk but still do everything in your power to stay alive. They're not mutually exclusive. Nor should they be.
not when "everything in your power" means shooting and potentially killing innocents because youre a jumpy cop who cant handle stress

This all comes down to improper training by officers and departments. I'm a purple belt, lift weights 2-3 x a week, and have won an MMA fight. The guys who run the defensive tactics shop at my station have literally never stepped on a mat. Some of the techniques they are showing are downright dangerous to the average Agent.

not when "everything in your power" means shooting and potentially killing innocents because youre a jumpy cop who cant handle stress
depends on what you mean by "jumpy". If a reasonable person would consider it a threat, then lethal force (unfortunate as it may be) may be justified, not "right" but justified. There's a different standard for those things.

Lived in Brooklyn, sometimes the roommate and I would buy sandwiches for the drugged out guy living under the subway stairs when we were drunk.

One night the roommate comes home alone and drunk. Two dudes follow him from the train and try to mug him. Homeless guy comes flying out of the darkness with a pipe and clocks one guy. They run away.

Some of them actually look out for their little neighborhoods/blocks.

that homeless guy needs to check his male privilege thinking a woman needs to be rescued.

This all comes down to improper training by officers and departments. I'm a purple belt, lift weights 2-3 x a week, and have won an MMA fight. The guys who run the defensive tactics shop at my station have literally never stepped on a mat. Some of the techniques they are showing are downright dangerous to the average Agent.
because rolling in a controlled environment, padded mats, and with rules is a lot DIFFERENT than in an uncontrolled environment like the street, concrete floor, no rules, and the cops have to protect their face in addition to protect their gun/taser/knife/baton

I'm a veteran street cop, bjj brownbelt, and college wrestler

We roll solo officer units. We've been pushing for riding in pairs but city wants the public to see more cop cars out and about.

Its absurd because majority of our calls are 2 officer responses. You ate also much more effective in a 2 man unit. Can have one drive, while the other works radio and computer.

We roll solo officer units. We've been pushing for riding in pairs but city wants the public to see more cop cars out and about.

Its absurd because majority of our calls are 2 officer responses. You ate also much more effective in a 2 man unit. Can have one drive, while the other works radio and computer.
my agency 2-man car is for high priority call, 1-man call is report call (low priority). I'd prefer 2-man car for officer safety, but that would cost tax payers a lot of money

because rolling in a controlled environment, padded mats, and with rules is a lot DIFFERENT than in an uncontrolled environment like the street, concrete floor, no rules, and the cops have to protect their face in addition to protect their gun/taser/knife/baton

I'm a veteran street cop, bjj brownbelt, and college wrestler
Oh no...I'm only a nine year vet of the Border Patrol. HOW COULD I EVER KNOW WHAT LAW ENFORCEMENT WORK IS LIKE.

“He tackled him and actually held him

Random male is better at hand to hand combat than a “trained” female

What a fucking surprise. Cops really need mandatory bjj or wrestling. Yes I’m biased, but how many problems would it solve if every cop had even just a blue belt’s skills on the ground?

I will say it again, but women and manlets shouldn't be allowed to enforce the law.

Their size and lack of strength makes them a liability.. a liability funded by tax dollars.

Darn, risking the lives of cops leaving them exposed to show more police cars in the streets? It must be hard to work for retarded people

lel fuck off a cop who isnt ready/willing to die in service should never have been allowed to be a cop in the first place

Self preservation is more important than some feigned sense of "honorable duty", which you likely have no real concept of, as you're from Stockton.

There are very few jobs worth dying over. This isn't tough to comprehend.

Article states perp threatened everyone with knife. At that point, female cop should have pulled her gun or taser or something as opposed to trying to fight perp H2H.

Edit, okay she used taser and pepper spray. I guess she scared to pop off her gun because of all the cop on black crime on MSM.

What a fucking surprise. Cops really need mandatory bjj or wrestling. Yes I’m biased, but how many problems would it solve if every cop had even just a blue belt’s skills on the ground?

Well, cops will be carrying weapons and tools, so will be different than a BJJ point sparring match or even a wrestling match. They be better off just coming up with their own kind of training.

You've got to be fucking kidding...

A cop can, literally, shoot and kill the person who made the 911 call to which they are responding and not only not be prosecuted but not even be questioned by investigators.

Get off the crack pipe.

uhhhhhhh.
Tempted to respond to this rationally, but know it will be a waste of my time.

I would love to have agency-sponsored BJJ/wrestling training. That would cost a LOT of money/manpower, though.

Also, as others have mentioned, the training wouldn't be the same as traditional BJJ/wrestling. In fact, the general consensus is that officers should always avoid the ground due to the various weapons, both known and unknown, (including at least one firearm) in play. So extensive training in grappling might not be the most efficient use of agency dollars.

There are a lot of skills that go into being an officer (everything from martial arts, law, guns (and other weapons), medical skills, people skills, vehicle pursuit skills, report writing/articulation for court cases, etc) and in a perfect world, every cop would be an expert in all of them. But finding a balance between the endless training and actual field work would be very difficult without hiring a bunch of more cops and/or trainers (which translates to spending a lot more money on law enforcement than I think anyone is willing to pay).

In here, I've noticed a sudden influx of female police. They're never alone and always have male partners, I never saw female-female partners.

Also, I get nervous as hell when a male police shows up (they all act aggressive and love speaking in condescending tone) but never feel intimidated or anything at all when I see a female. I'd rather talk to them if I get stopped by, makes me feel better.

Last edited:
Back