Ferguson is overall better than Diaz atm but Diaz is harder fight for Conor.

Against the GOAT boxer of our generation in his first boxing match. If you used Nate 2 as a reference, you would have a point. Tony is good no doubt but very much so beatable. I would have loved to seen how a Khabi fight would have went had he not ran away on fight day.
McGregor became rather hittable in the later stages of the second Diaz fight too. I did use the Diaz fights as reference, both fights.

In the second fight Diaz led with the jab often and was cross countered, Diaz wasn't able to bait the counter like Andre Ward like he did early in the first fight.

He'd be a bad matchup for Poirier, he was for Michael Johnson and Cowboy. Who says he wouldn't be a tough matchup for guys like Gaethje or Ferguson?
The guys that Nate would beat in the top 10 right now. MJ, Porier, Chiesa, maybe Alvarez, maybe Pettis. And he's proven he can beat Conor, but also lose to him. Gaethje has ferocious leg kicks. Nate's biggest weakness. He would batter Nate. Nate loses to Khabib, Tony, Lee, Barboza, Gaethje IMO. If have a hard time seeing Nate beat any of the top 5 right now, and just a few on the backend of the top 10.

He's coming off in the media like he wants to stand and trade with McGregor but I feel like he's gonna attempt to grapple more.

I believe Tony. He stood and traded with Barboza, despite Barboza lighting him up with kicks to the body that hurt me just watching them. Didn't matter. Tony kept moving forward, throwing punches and kicks. He had no takedowns in that fight. Barboza, on the other hand, had two.

The guys that Nate would beat in the top 10 right now. MJ, Porier, Chiesa, maybe Alvarez, maybe Pettis. And he's proven he can beat Conor, but also lose to him. Gaethje has ferocious leg kicks. Nate's biggest weakness. He would batter Nate. Nate loses to Khabib, Tony, Lee, Barboza, Gaethje IMO. If have a hard time seeing Nate beat any of the top 5 right now, and just a few on the backend of the top 10.

I could see him beating Ferguson because he would have the technical advantage on the feet and the jitz to be competitive on the ground, if it went there. That's a good point with Gaethje's kicks, but I actually think Alvarez might be a little too well rounded for Nate.

I believe Tony. He stood and traded with Barboza, despite Barboza lighting him up with kicks to the body that hurt me just watching them. Didn't matter. Tony kept moving forward, throwing punches and kicks. He had no takedowns in that fight. Barboza, on the other hand, had two.

Well I hope you're right, better for McGregor.

Against the GOAT boxer of our generation in his first boxing match. If you used Nate 2 as a reference, you would have a point. Tony is good no doubt but very much so beatable. I would have loved to seen how a Khabi fight would have went had he not ran away on fight day.

Tony is on a great run and has amazing stamina and heart. I think he has the intangibles and physicality factors over Mac.

Conor is a bit of a front runner fighter like BJ who can look amazing if the fight is going his way but doesn't have the endurance and stamina to win a tough war.

That hopefully has changed a bit with McGregor's foray into boxing. Maybe he emphasizes more now the importance of stamina and leg work.

He held up good for 7 rounds or so vs Mayweather.

Tony is on a great run and has amazing stamina and heart. I think he has the intangibles and physicality factors over Mac.

Conor is a bit of a front runner fighter like BJ who can look amazing if the fight is going his way but doesn't have the endurance and stamina to win a tough war.

That hopefully has changed a bit with McGregor's foray into boxing. Maybe he emphasizes more now the importance of stamina and leg work.

He held up good for 7 rounds or so vs Mayweather.

Its clearly a weakness and he must work on it. I give Mcgregor 3 rds to take out Tony or it wont end well unless he handles the cardio. Tony runs in with his chin in the sky. Its not smart.

Its clearly a weakness and he must work on it. I give Mcgregor 3 rds to take out Tony or it wont end well unless he handles the cardio. Tony runs in with his chin in the sky. Its not smart.

For what its worth, Tony stood and traded with Barbosa and only slightly lost the standup in my opinion. Barboza never once hurt him.

Barboza did have only a 4 week camp and got wobbled by an illegal head kick in first round though so he wasn't 100%.

Also Conor does have better boxing than Edson.

I am a fan of both Tony and Conor. Great fight that I favor Tony in. I think Khabib beats Tony though.

For what its worth, Tony stood and traded with Barbosa and only slightly lost the standup in my opinion. Barboza never once hurt him.

Barboza did have only a 4 week camp and got wobbled by an illegal head kick in first round though so he wasn't 100%.

Also Conor does have better boxing than Edson.

I am a fan of both Tony and Conor. Great fight that I favor Tony in. I think Khabib beats Tony though.

I disagree. I think Khabib takes him down but, I think he gets the sub.

I think Tony has holes in his striking defense, hands down, chin in the air but, he has heart, a chin, and cardio. He could win. I am still leaning towards his chin in the sky and getting slept.

That ego of his is going to get him slept. Furthermore, he ain't getting younger. Already has taken some punishment. Almost got slept by a journey man.

If Conman has the balls to sign the dotted line and actually defend against a real contender whether it be Khabib or Ferg you'll see just what a farce he is. They will make it look easy.

That ego of his is going to get him slept. Furthermore, he ain't getting younger. Already has taken some punishment. Almost got slept by a journey man.

Yes, I agree this is a possibility. He has sloppy standup and he gets hit often.

But until we see him get put to sleep, I don't think we can assume it's the likely outcome.

I disagree. I think Khabib takes him down but, I think he gets the sub.

I think Tony has holes in his striking defense, hands down, chin in the air but, he has heart, a chin, and cardio. He could win. I am still leaning towards his chin in the sky and getting slept.

Tony sub Khabib? Not likely in my opinion.

Khabib is a wizard on the ground. He isn't a gassed Kevin Lee.

Tony sub Khabib? Not likely in my opinion.

Khabib is a wizard on the ground. He isn't a gassed Kevin Lee.

Lobov called out Khabib for his heroic efforts running away from a Tony fight. No better example of wasted talent then Khabib. He has great wrestling but, he has comical striking, and even worse defense running forward with his chin in the air. Tony is not much better in that respect but, Khabib is absolutely reckless with that chin skyward.

Back