Mr hanky

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
you guys saw that?

- Rashid Magomedov 5-1 UFC
- Thiago Tavares- long time veteran
- Chris Wade 5-2 UFC
- Will Brooks (had a very shitty UFC run of 1-3)
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov- younger brother of Khabib. Was signed by UFC this january, then pulled out of a fight in Belem. Now he's with PFL?
- Rick Story- long time veteran
- Bojan Velikovic
- Francimar Barroso

They also signed some very solid prospects/fighters for MW/ LHW and HW. Last two are almost a wasteland in UFC right now, so WTF are they doing and letting PFL sign this guys?:

- Denis Goltsov, HW, 21-5
- Valdrin Istrefi HW, 12-1
- Rashid Yusupov, LHW 8-0
- Maxim Grishin, LHW, 25-7
- Shamil Gamzatov, MW, 11-0

All of these guys except Grishin, are younger than 30 years old (Grishin is 33). Is it the PFL's 1 million prize for the champion of each class which caused that?

Pretty decent. I like the fact that all events will be free.

you guys saw that?

- Chris Wade 5-2 UFC
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov- younger brother of Khabib. Was signed by UFC this january, then pulled out of a fight in Belem. Now he's with PFL?
- Bojan Velikovic
- Francimar Barroso

They also signed some very solid prospects/fighters for MW/ LHW and HW. Last two are almost a wasteland in UFC right now, so WTF are they doing and letting PFL sign this guys?:

All of these guys except Grishin, are younger than 30 years old (Grishin is 33). Is it the PFL's 1 million prize for the champion of each class which caused that?
Russian article that I've seen says that Abubakar never was officially signed/information that he was signed never was officially confirmed by UFC.

Don't sleep on Robert Watley. He's the prospect the UFC really missed out on here imo

I'm pretty excited to see former Bellator Middleweight champ, Brandon Halsey fighting back in the states. He could either win the whole season/playoffs or get liver shotted to bolivian.

Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs Jake Shields is going to be the fight everyone is going to want to see.

I'm pretty excited to see former Bellator Middleweight champ, Brandon Halsey fighting back in the states. He could either win the whole season/playoffs or get liver shotted to bolivian.

Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs Jake Shields is going to be the fight everyone is going to want to see.
There's so many good fights that could happen..

Idrisov vs. Harrison
Watley vs. Magomedov
Story vs. Zawada
Gamzatov vs. Gonçalves
Grishin vs. Yusupov
Goltsov vs. Jordan

Idrisov vs. Harrison
Watley vs. Magomedov
Story vs. Zawada
Gamzatov vs. Gonçalves
Grishin vs. Yusupov
Goltsov vs. Jordan

I'm going to watch it for sure

In terms of talent PFL has put together a strong roster, kinda similar to ACB
With so many Russian fighters they should look to do a show in that region

Good Opportunity for these guys. I like how someone is at least trying to take different approach to the sport.

Sidenote, I have very little faith they'll make any money on this and I truly wonder if we'll see this in 2019.

Idrisov vs. Harrison
Watley vs. Magomedov
Story vs. Zawada
Gamzatov vs. Gonçalves
Grishin vs. Yusupov
Goltsov vs. Jordan

Zawada has a contract with KSW, he will not fight on the PFL.

It’s on NBCSN right? Think I have that channel will just have to remember when it’s on tv

you guys saw that?

- Chris Wade 5-2 UFC
- Bojan Velikovic
- Francimar Barroso

Shawn Jordan. 6-4 in the UFC. 2 wins over the Black Beast.

Zawada has a contract with KSW, he will not fight on the PFL.
Strange, why he was confirmed to be on the tournament then? KSW has been very flexible with their contracts in the past, many fighters like Andryszak have been fighting for 2 or more promotions

Back