Media Fight Night Milwaukee Free Fight: Al Iaquinta vs Kevin Lee 1

Raging Al vs Motown Phenom 2 - Who takes it?

• Al Iaquinta

• Kevin Lee

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
UFC releasing this ahead of their upcoming rematch:

Raging Al came out on fire in this one, decking Lee early, almost locked up an ankle lock, and had him in all sorts of trouble. Lee to his credit weathered the early storm. In the second round, Lee took his back and came very close to finishing Iaquinta with a RNC.

It was a fairly competitive, back and forth fight overall. Nice to hear Goldie & Rogan together.

Kevin has improved his stand-up from this initial contest (which was his first fight in the UFC), and seems to fight a little more aggressively now. Will it be enough to turn the tide?

Last edited:
I remember this one in Jersey. UFC 169 I think. Weidman was going crazy in the front row...running from side to side and jumping up and down.

This was one of the first fights of the evening, so it was basically Weidman and maybe a 2 or 3 people in the VIP section.

Great fight, was impressed by both men in this fight.

Wasn't expected much out of Kevin Lee, I think this was his debut...but he came to fight.

Lee has gotten too good. He's gonna get Khabib'd again.

The only reservation I have about Lee as a contender is his chin. I don't think he's lacking in heart at all, I fully believe that the staph was responsible for him wilting so quickly against Ferguson, but that chin just seems too shaky for him to hang at the top of the division. He's improved a lot since this first fight but he still gets rocked just as easily, which is going to be an issue over 25 minutes if he can't get Iaquinta out of there in the first couple rounds.

The only reservation I have about Lee as a contender is his chin. I don't think he's lacking in heart at all, I fully believe that the staph was responsible for him wilting so quickly against Ferguson, but that chin just seems too shaky for him to hang at the top of the division. He's improved a lot since this first fight but he still gets rocked just as easily, which is going to be an issue over 25 minutes if he can't get Iaquinta out of there in the first couple rounds.
Yeah, iaquinta definitely has more pop in his hands. They both have improved a lot, but kevin lee might have improved the most. It's a very competetive fight

Accidentally voted Al but I’m picking Lee.

Lee has gotten so much better since their first fight. I think he can hold his own on the feet and win on takedowns and maybe get a submission.

Wasn't expected much out of Kevin Lee, I think this was his debut...but he came to fight.

Yeah, it was his UFC debut. He was only 21 years old at the time. Looked a little green in the striking. He's definitely improved a lot since then.

Al is pretty well rounded though, so it should be a fun scrap.

To go or not go to this card. Tickets are cheap and it’s about an hr and 20 min ride.

To go or not go to this card. Tickets are cheap and it’s about an hr and 20 min ride.

Hell yes bruv! You said it all, cheap tix, and a short ride away. You'll have a blast.

The first bout was very close and boiled down to Round 3. Kevin likely injured his knee badly in the Round 1 heelhook and it likely hindered his performance the rest of the bout, but dominated Round 2 on the ground. If he was a little bit more active in Round 3, he could have won.

Back