Fight Night Santiago : Demian Maia - "I believe in my skills"

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Short promo on this weekends headliner, Maia.

No question he is one of the highest skilled BJJ guys to ever step foot in the Octagon.

But this is a tough match-up for him. Very short notice, against a physical specimen in Usman, who has very solid wrestling, and a tough match-up for anyone in the division.

Still, will be rooting for Maia to pull off some of his BJJ wizardry, one last time.

I like Maia but Usman needs this win to set up more interesting fights in the future.

I hope I'm wrong but I see no other outcome than Usman sleeping Him

Then talking so much shit that will make me cringe
'Everyone's avoiding me' 'do you see me now'??

Yeah we see you
We just don't want to

If he only believed in his striking skills he’d be unbeatable

Hope to see Usman get this win and move on to the top 5.

I hope I'm wrong but I see no other outcome than Usman sleeping Him

Then talking so much shit that will make me cringe
'Everyone's avoiding me' 'do you see me now'??

Yeah we see you
We just don't want to
Not sure why everybody is saying this, Usman is a decision machine. He's went the distance 5 times in his last 6 fights and Maia has only ever been finished once.

Maia got this, he wouldnt take the fight if he didnt see a weakness in Usman

Maia's problem recently has been his cardio. Even if he starts strong, he'll fade eventually ,especially on short notice in a five rounder. And against a cardio machine like Usman, the odds are stacked against him.

Not sure why everybody is saying this, Usman is a decision machine. He's went the distance 5 times in his last 6 fights and Maia has only ever been finished once.

It will look like the moraes fight imo

I'm in NO WAY crediting Usman as a finisher he's a fucking joke

But he will just bang with Maia

I mean fuck.. I'd have a striking match with Maia.. what's he gonna do?

I believe in his skills too but I have no choice but to back the up and comer.... Damian's already a seasoned vet if not a legend.... go Usman!

Short promo on this weekends headliner, Maia.

No question he is one of the highest skilled BJJ guys to ever step foot in the Octagon.

But this is a tough match-up for him. Very short notice, against a physical specimen in Usman, who has very solid wrestling, and a tough match-up for anyone in the division.

Still, will be rooting for Maia to pull off some of his BJJ wizardry, one last time.

Usman was RNC'd a few years ago.

WAR MAIA!

Maia is one of my favourite fighters and one of the friendliest fighters I've ever met, but I don't see how he wins this fight

He's 40 years old and doesn't have the speed or power or technique to compete on the feet, and Usman is a very very good wrestler.

Unless Usman does a dumb move and wants to wrestle with Maia, I don't think Maia has a chance, and he'll probably get KO'ed :(

At least Maia took the fight

Even now if Maia beats da Us Man it's a good win

Yeah I'll be watching this one and I'm not a big Maia fan or an Usman fan but it's like I always say, if it's free, I'm gonna watch

Unless it's one of Bellator's crappy wmma headlined cards coming up. I ain't fuckin' with those. There should be some good fights on this card just gotta re-check to refresh my memory to see who's gonna be on

JFC, he only had 2 weeks for this.... and its 5 rounds?!?!? this is bullshit.

maia is not a coward but hes getting koed.

Back