Fighters come together to put it all on the line for a chance to be on 'TUF 26' (TUF 26 Tryouts)

Better Every Day

Zhang finishing Andrade avatar
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fighters come together to put it all on the line for a chance to be on 'TUF 26'

~
Here are 33 of the 46 we can confirm were at the tryouts.
  • Heather Bassett
  • Ariel Beck
  • DeAnna Bennett
  • Trisha Cicero*
  • Jessy Rose Clark
  • Rachael Cummins
  • Calie Cutler
  • Kelly D’Angelo
  • Shana Dobson
  • Savannah Em
  • Sijara Eubanks
  • Christine Ferea
  • Zoila Frausto
  • Karine Gevorgyan
  • Barb Honchak
  • Ana Julaton
  • Nicole Klein
  • Kelly Kobold*
  • Joselyne Edwards Laboriel
  • Roxanne Modafferi
  • Lauren Murphy**
  • Rachael Ostovich
  • Lucie Pudilová**
  • Kali Robbins
  • Gillian Robertson
  • Gabby Romero
  • Shanie Rusth
  • Angela Samaro
  • Christine Stanley
  • Montana Stewart
  • Jamie Thorton
  • Bryony Tyrell
  • Emily Whitmire
*- stated on social media they are out of the running
**- Currently/was under UFC contract

TUF 26 – WHO CAME, WHAT HAPPENED, AND WHAT’S NEXT
MAY 23, 2017 MARQ
https://wombatsports.wordpress.com/2017/05/23/tuf-26-who-came-what-happened-and-whats-next/

Last edited:
My prospect list, who I believe will make the 16 cast, includes:
  • Kelly D'Angelo
  • Savannah Em
  • Karine Gevorgyan
  • Kali Robbins
  • Gabby Romero
  • Joselyne Edwards

Last edited:
Where's my girl Thickenzie?

She didn't show up for the try-outs, but there is speculation that she might possibly be given a spot regardless.

See my post below.

Last edited:
HANDICAPPING THE TUF 26 CAST: WHO WILL MAKE THE HOUSE?
In-Depth Analysis of the Field of Flyweights Attending Today's TUF 26 Tryouts
May 24, 2017by DC Howard

https://mma-today.com/handicapping-tuf-26-cast-will-make-house

From the article above:
When assessing the 33 fighters who showed up for the tryout, seven stand out as near-locks for the competition:
125-1-1.jpg

~

There were also a couple of fighters who didn’t attend the tryout, but who I think (hope?) will be cast on the show. Come on, Mackenzie Dern seems like she was made for reality television:
125-2.jpg

~

That makes nine. We’ll need to choose seven more from the remaining 33 entrants. It’s not clear-cut by any means.

125-3-5.jpg

Frausto - Question over whether she can make 125 repeatedly. If she can, I would say yes.

Honchak - over the age cutoff, and again, can she make weight repeatedly.

Murphy - Doubts over making weight multiple times, but then, unless she gets favourable matchuip she might ony need to make weight once.

Jessy Clark - Another bantamweight.. weight cut issues?

Roxy - I think shes a shoe in

Pudilova - really like this girl, and she should be able to make 125

Bennett - yeah, she will make it

Dern - not sure, if its seeded and she faces someone like Honchak, Porto, Maia etc she gets murdered

Porto - not sure tbh...

The trouble is depth.. if they do put 2-0, 3-0 girls in they are going to get destroyed by the top girls. Yes, there were some surprises in the 115 TUF (Rose for isntance). But there was no Joanna, no Claudia there.

I was so stoked to see Kelly Kobold on the list, she's one of the first WMMA I ever saw back in 2008-9.

Sucks she wasn't successful, but hopefully just a minor hiccup in a great comeback story :)

My prospect list, who I believe will make the 16 cast, includes:
  • Kelly D'Angelo
  • Savannah Em
  • Karine Gevorgyan
  • Kali Robbins
  • Gabby Romero
  • Joselyne Edwards
My remaining 10 are:
  • DeAnna Bennett
  • Rachel Cummins
  • Zoila Frausto
  • Barb Honchak
  • Roxanne Modafferi
  • Rachel Ostovich
  • Lucie Pudilova
  • Bryony Tyrell
  • Emily Whitmire
  • Gillian Robertson

i still hate zoila frausto for her back to back robberies to win that obviously fixed bellator tournament. that was some bullshit

i still hate zoila frausto for her back to back robberies to win that obviously fixed bellator tournament. that was some bullshit

Didn't she have some bullshit fundraiser/kickstarter when she was married to Jorge Gurgel? Begging strangers for money after they just blew a bunch on dumb shit?

So is this going to be like tuf20: 8 from the tryouts plus 8 invited and then rated 1 to 16?

If so I can see the 8 invitees mainly coming from the bantam roster: Chookagian, Pudilova ( pretty sure she didn't try out) maybe even Pena.

I'm guessing there'll be some surprises, R word anyone?

Last edited:
So is this going to be like tuf20: 8 from the tryouts plus 8 invited and then rated 1 to 16?

If so I can see the 8 invitees mainly coming from the bantam roster: Chookagian, Pudilova ( pretty sure she didn't try out) maybe even Pena.

I'm guessing there'll be some surprises, R word anyone?
I think the least number from tryouts would be 12-14. A lot of them on the known 32* list are good enough and can give entertaining fights - perhaps several upsets.

I wonder how long it will be before shooting of the TUF 26 season starts?

Justine Kish will fight Felice Herrig on June 25. Any chance shooting of the season won't have started by then? If so, maybe she could still get into the house. I don't think UFC fighters absolutely need to go to the tryouts.

Jo Jo Calderwood will fight Cynthia Calvillo on July 16. Any chance that date falls before shooting commences do you think?

Last edited:
Christine Stanley has had a famous KO kick:
MarvelousWhiteKoodoo.gif

~
002_TUF_26_Tryouts.0.jpg

~
Hitting pads with Angela Hill
009_Christine_Stanley.0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member