Fighters in their prime who surround themselves with useless people

I'm gonna go a different route, and say that a Shonie Carter should've found a high level gym. By the time he got to TUF, he was past his prime and admitted that he didn't even know what training hard was until he got on the show and saw how the training went. In my opinion, he made whatever name for himself by being a consumate martial artist. I think he could've been a legit contender with his experience, if he was in a serious gym.

BJ Penn seemed to have moments of not being around people who would keep him honest.
Tito seemed to wanna be the star and even mentor, but he didn't grow as a fighter. He stayed the same, and even his wrestling was mostly one dimensional.

Edmond+Tarverdyan+Ronda+Rousey+Hosts+Media+lZCInxjEVGHl.jpg
Yeah, Coach Edmond definitely has reached below his level to try to help lift others up.

Last edited:
Yeah I think he was good for some fighters. BJ destroyed his reputation on here though it seems

It's crazy because it was BJ's first 145 cut and making weight was the only successful part of his whole camp. He blamed Dolce for things that aren't related to nutrition and shouldn't be (and probably weren't) Dolce's job.

I always feel weird for defending Dolce, but his awful reputation on Sherdog is pretty unfair. It's like when people insist that Novitzky was USADA's golden snitch, when he never worked for them or actually snitched on anyone. Despite all the broscience and the douche vibes, Dolce is pretty successful as a nutritionist. He did help several athletes that struggled, fighters that couldn't make weight anymore once they got rid of him. Even Hendricks never missed weight when he used to cut with Dolce.

The thing about Dolce is that his methods are all very well known and understood and have been for a while now. He doesn't have anything knew to offer, but people pay him as though he does.

That being said, his reputation on Sherdog took its biggest hit in the work he did with Hendricks, and this has stuck even though we should all know better at this point.

That being said, his reputation on Sherdog took its biggest hit in the work he did with Hendricks, and this has stuck even though we should all know better at this point.

That's what I don't get, Hendricks never missed weight under Dolce. They split-up and Hendricks literally never made 170 again. He did three miserable attempts, including one that was so awful he didn't even made it to the scale. How is it not a testimony to Dolce's success?

That's what I don't get, Hendricks never missed weight under Dolce. They split-up and Hendricks literally never made 170 again. He did three miserable attempts, including one that was so awful he didn't even made it to the scale. How is it not a testimony to Dolce's success?

It was the last minute treadmill frenzy that did it. People were like "Wait... that's his revolutionary weight cutting strategy." In hindsight we all (should) know that Johny was the issue, there, not Dolce. From what we know of the two, the need for the treadmill scramble was very much more likely the result of Johny's poor discipline, than Dolce's poor weight cutting strategy.

But that's the power of visual images. Once a visual is in your head, and that comes to define a person, it's hard to shake, even as better information roles in.

He's still an annoying guy basically selling the same "revolutionary" strategies that my 9th-12th grade male and female wrestlers get from me and my co-coach for free.

Well, he's a movement coach.

we live In a culture where we've sat In chairs most of our lives, our posture is terrible and a lot of natural movements like a "3rd world squat" most people can't even do anymore. We have a lot of Issues with muscular imbalances / structural Imbalances. His teachings just reflect bringing out bodies back Into balance In a variety of ways.

Practicing the 3rd world squat as a resting position, hanging from a bar, posterior chain training, general posture training, footwork training, stretches, there's a lot to It. I'm not an expert In all of it but I know enough to know that he's legit and he's an Interesting human being.

I'll never understand people who completely write someone off without knowing a single thing about the person they're critiquing or what they teach.
Posterior chain training..

Sounds like it'd be used in some gay parties..

I kow what you're getting at though.

Back