Fighters that are gamers?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I always felt that video games can be a good distraction for fighters due to the fact that, when you obsess too much about the combat sports and what your opponents say can make you anxious.

This is where video game comes in, unlike drinking or food, your not going to become overweight or diminished in ability and with strategy games, you kind of get a sense of strategies your own life as oppose to getting sucked in to the trash talks or fans/promoters bad mouthing you.

Which begs the question, are there fighters that are big in to video games?

I have heard Jens Pulver got addicted to World of Warcraft around 2006...

AP_5F00_548465517291_2D00_610.jpg

I watch MM on twitch time to time. It's been proven video games can help in several ways.

Dj, Rampage Jackson, Max Holloway, Ronda Rousey etc... I'm sure most fighters are at least casual gamers as well but some are full on nerds like DJ. Also I remember Silva said he was addicted to COD when he injured his leg and couldn't train. Mcgregor also said he used to be obsessed with COD and would play it for hours on end.

Joe Rogan. Can't remember what game he was obsessed over. Think it was Doom.. Not sure though..

I always felt that video games can be a good distraction for fighters due to the fact that, when you obsess too much about the combat sports and what your opponents say can make you anxious.

This is where video game comes in, unlike drinking or food, your not going to become overweight or diminished in ability and with strategy games, you kind of get a sense of strategies your own life as oppose to getting sucked in to the trash talks or fans/promoters bad mouthing you.

Which begs the question, are there fighters that are big in to video games?

I have heard Jens Pulver got addicted to World of Warcraft around 2006...
Tito plays one of those crappy phone games like farmville or gems or something and was harassing Rampage with invitations to it :)

scientifically shown to help brain activity like paying attention to detail. Looks like you need a little help yourself.

>Watches MM play video games while playing video games

Please tell me more about your rigorous brain train regiment...

<36>

It can also be a very bad thing, especially with impulsive/obsessive people like fighters tend to be.

scientifically shown to help brain activity like paying attention to detail. Looks like you need a little help yourself.

Reading a book is an even better activity for your brain.

DJ, Holloway, and Rampage. Definitely helped Max and MM

Back