Fighters who you like that aren't/weren't very good

Gilbert Yvel! Although he’s putting together a nice win streak against lesser competition now that he’s in his 40’s...

Last fight:

Gilbert Yvel! Although he’s putting together a nice win streak against lesser competition now that he’s in his 40’s...

Last fight:

He´s got some pretty good names on his resume...

Denis Kang.
BUT....I think he was good, just joined the UFC a little late.

"and Sakuraba...but all of them would get beaten by contenders before getting anywhere near a belt"

View attachment 396023
Yeah the way I phrased that was kind of clumsy. I was meaning Saku was in my top 4 entertaining fighters but not that he couldn't get near a title like the other 3. He fought Wanderlei 3 times after all.

I wouldn’t say he wasn’t good, but his ufc career didn’t really take off. Johnathan Brookings. Just a huge fan of him as a person and for that reason have always followed his career and rooted for him :rolleyes:

Always had a liking for Paul Buentello. He fought for the title, but never was a top of the division guy. But man was it fun to watch him throw hands, just keep the mic away from him.

Nam Phan I felt for the guy losing in one of the biggest robberies in UFC history.

10.gif

Keith Jardine, mostly just because he's from my hometown. Also, he seemed like a cool guy.

Charles Bennet, Marvin Eastman, Thierry Sokoudjou, Anthony Njokuani, Andre Winner, Terry Martin, Chris Leben, James Irvin, Scott Smith, Gohkan Saki, Walt Harris, Clint Hester, Willie Gates, Marcus Brimage

Steve Jennum
Pat Smith

They were good, though.

Back