Fighters who's career is effected by being overweight.

TGArthur

You can't lose if you win the fight.
@Steel
Reaction score
Sorry if this comes off as body shaming.

What other fights do you think would have a better career/endurance etc. if they lost more weight.

Black Beast
8840299.jpg

Roy Nelson
roy-nelson-ufc-fight-night-82.jpg

Justin Willis.
20160619102338_JustinWillis.JPG

Who else?

Roy Nelson was the first I thought of. Not only would he gas, but he’s a Ceaser Gracie Black Belt but would never grapple, only rely on a huge overhand right and a solid chin.

Others:
DaDa 500

Mine. I loved Chinese take out and pizza more than being hit in the head.

Johny Hendricks.

He goes from losing to one of the best fighters of all time in a bullshit decision, then taking the belt in his next fight, to getting knocked out by Tim Boetsch because he couldnt put down the burgers for 5 minutes.

This was my first thought. He was one of the few that tasted greatness. I cant help but wonder if being 20 lbs lighter wouldnt have given him the cardio or speed to put him over the top.
Mark Hunt.

121_Daniel_Cormier_x_Derrick_Lewis.0.jpg

Is he good cause he’s fat or fat cause he’s good?

Titties
darrill-schoonover.jpg

Not because the actual weight physically hindered him, but because Rampage destroyed his career by making fun of his man boobs.

Nelson has the perfect belly to lean into his overhands. A 185 lbs nelson would suck.

Titties
darrill-schoonover.jpg

Not because the actual weight physically hindered him, but because Rampage destroyed his career by making fun of his man boobs.
And karma strikes because lately Rampage been sporting some Moobs of his own.

Back