Fighters you like despite their relative lack of success?

Faldir Chahbari always deserved more I think. It's just he lacked KO power, that seriously seemed to hurt his chances to fight in K-1.

But he's so smart and fast, and a really tight defense. The kind of fighter that could fight multiple times in a short span of time because he didn't get hurt that much.

I also loved Najim Ethoullali, who always fought in the awkward weightclasses so international succes was not in his cards.

Faldir Chahbari always deserved more I think. It's just he lacked KO power, that seriously seemed to hurt his chances to fight in K-1.

But he's so smart and fast, and a really tight defense. The kind of fighter that could fight multiple times in a short span of time because he didn't get hurt that much.

I also loved Najim Ethoullali, who always fought in the awkward weightclasses so international succes was not in his cards.
Faldir was a fighter with little physical gifts, so he had to rely on technique, that's a good kind of fighter to learn from.

That to do with the Rotterdam art heist? He's supposedly got Bratva ties too.

That was Ruslan Karaev. I highly doubt there's more than one high level kickboxer involved in that, although it would be par for the course for kickboxing.

Isn't Faldir Chabarithe the guy who has been blind in one eye since childhood?
:cool:

Definitely Errol Zimmerman. Anytime that guy fights you know that at any time either guy can be knocked out with any technique.

Definitely Errol Zimmerman. Anytime that guy fights you know that at any time either guy can be knocked out with any technique.

YeahI forgot him he is always in brawls. WHEN I firstsaw him I thought he was going to be the next big thing but it hasn't turned out that way

Faldir Chahbari has a great record, what are you guys talking about? Zimmerman's isn't too shabby either.

Depends on your definition on 'succes' I guess. A great record can be a measure for succes, and in that case you're right, I was just pointing out that he could have been a lot more famous and succesful if he fought abroad more (in Japan... I think he just fought one MAX-superfight and in Shootboxing, if I'm not mistaking).

Faldir Chahbari has a very solid record, let there be no mistake. But so have a lot of other fighters, but who knows them?

Depends on your definition on 'succes' I guess. A great record can be a measure for succes, and in that case you're right, I was just pointing out that he could have been a lot more famous and succesful if he fought abroad more (in Japan... I think he just fought one MAX-superfight and in Shootboxing, if I'm not mistaking).

Faldir Chahbari has a very solid record, let there be no mistake. But so have a lot of other fighters, but who knows them?
He fought good competition too IMO

Yes, he has some big wins as well. That's why I also think he deserved more, I hoped he would get a chance in MAX. I liked Faldir a lot.

Didn't Zimmerman just recently win the Glory HW tournament?

I think, given his talent, Zimmerman is a grand underachiever. He did win the contender tournament but right before that he got knocked out by Ghita in about thirty seconds. And that's what he does. He'll string together a few wins then go out spectacularly and immediately in a fight and that's probably always the way it will be for him.

I'll drop whatever I'm doing to watch him fight though, every time.

kizaemon saiga because his moves are entertaining

yuichiro nagashima because he goes toe to toe against everybody

Nong toom, because she(he)dressed like a woman and fought like a man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back