Fights that changed fighters and careers

TalibaN

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I ve watched Joe Rogans YT channel and in one video he spoke with Schaub about his fight with Cro Cop.

Even tho he won that fight with KO, he admited that , that fight changed his life.

His face was smashed and he had many injuries so he became adicted to painkillers and had very hard and long recovery phase.
Even tho he was relative young he ended his career, just few fight after this mentioned fight.

So this fight was a bad choice for him at the time and he paid because of his cockyness - cro cop still fights .

DO YOU HAVE ANY SIMILAR EXAMPLE WHERE FIGHT CHANGE FIGHTERS' LIFE AND CAREER.

In a recent Mcgregor Aldo is good example too

Wand vs Hunto
Ninja vs Sergei

both @ openweight

Frank vs Zinoviev

Last edited:
Saku vs Wand.

Rory vs Lawler

Maybe Edgar vs Ortega. We’ll have to see.

No doubt, but the aura was gone. He was glowing after the Grand Prix. But then came ice-cold Wandy.
not sure about this aura... he could realistically and technically only be an under-dog against all these LHWs/HWs...

Kept pullin´the upset though...

SAKU G lost these fights vs Wandy coz he´s a weirdo, tbh & imo... Maso... Bored... Always tryin´to test himself...

Dillashaw vs Barao has to be up there. Dude went from a top 3 P4P to losing to newbie prelim fighters with the quickness.

From JMMA

Gomi v Aurelio I
Kid Yamamoto v Joe Warren
Ishida v Gomi
Fedor v Nogueira series
Chonan v Anderson Silva
Kitaoka v Gomi

Gracie v Shamrock 2

Yep, Royce's last UFC fight...until years later when Hughes destroyed him. Royce vs. Kimo is an honorable mention. It was the end of 2-minute no-sweat fights vs. guys with zero grappling for Royce. The UFC was turning into a competitive event instead of a Gracie marketing platform.

Yep, Royce's last UFC fight...until years later when Hughes destroyed him. Royce vs. Kimo is an honorable mention. It was the end of 2-minute no-sweat fights vs. guys with zero grappling for Royce. The UFC was turning into a competitive event instead of a Gracie marketing platform.

That Karate guy at UFC 2 was bizarrely competitive with Royce (at least compared to others).

not sure about this aura... he could realistically and technically only be an under-dog against all these LHWs/HWs...

Kept pullin´the upset though...

SAKU G lost these fights vs Wandy coz he´s a weirdo, tbh & imo... Maso... Bored... Always tryin´to test himself...

I agree, but after the Wandy fight, whether he won or not, he received tons of damage. The Wandy fight started a trend. I think, partly because the Wandy loss forced promoters to scramble and rebuild his sheen and to do that, they matched him with giants.

You can’t get kicked in face and slammed on your collarbone and comeback the same, IMO. When he won matches after, those were his remaining drops.

Fixed it for you.

Nobody is a bigger Saku fan than I.

Yes Wandy was bigger and juiced up, but let’s be real, assuming you’ve seen Saku in UWF, Sakuraba was juicing too. This doesn’t mean he isn’t naturally smaller than Wandy, but everyone juiced. Takada, Saku, Funaki...

Nobody is a bigger Saku fan than I.

Yes Wandy was bigger and juiced up, but let’s be real, assuming you’ve seen Saku in UWF, Sakuraba was juicing too. This doesn’t mean he isn’t naturally smaller than Wandy, but everyone juiced. Takada, Saku, Funaki...
yeah, realistically... still, his early promoters 'forced' him to bulk up though, he was a FW in his early career...

I agree, but after the Wandy fight, whether he won or not, he received tons of damage. The Wandy fight started a trend. I think, partly because the Wandy loss forced promoters to scramble and rebuild his sheen and to do that, they matched him with giants.

You can’t get kicked in face and slammed on your collarbone and comeback the same, IMO. When he won matches after, those were his remaining drops.
yeah, but he was already facing giants b4, LHWs (Guy,Goes,Braga) or HWs (Igor,Conan)

Back