Fights that never could have happened....

zapataxiv

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
dream fights hat never happened for whatever reason time competing ducking etc..
Arguello vs Sanchez
i think arguello would kick sanchez around the ring for the duration of the fight but would endure some brutal counter attacks.
Pryor vs Leonard
Leonard Ko in the later rounds i think leonard was just in different league and pryor was just too hittable
Gomez vs Lomachenko
Gomez via late TKO
Tapia vs Hamed
Tapia beats haed by ud if it lasts that long. tapia is faster hits hard ad is a tougher human from a tougher warrior culture. Hamed pulls any shit Tapia outdoes him, and tapia schools Hamed in boxing skill and athletic ability.
Hearns vs Mayweather Jr.
i got hearns more times out of 10 but i don't think it is a shut out by any means.
Carbajal vs Koo-chang
carbajal via mid rounds ko. Jung Koo CHang kicks his ass fro most of the fight dropping crabapple multiple times possibly but ends up walking into some godly punches and gets put to sleep.

Hearns was in a complete different weight class than Mayweather Jr. when they were both boxing.

Lennox vs Young Tyson
Lennox vs Younger Holyfield
Peak Pac vs Mayweather Jr.

The only person that smashed nas was an atg. And you think tapia stops him? Ok bro.

Brook vs. Khan. Should have happened a long time ago but for some bizarre reason Khan seems scared shitless of fighting Brook. This is despite having some highlight reel KO's against him already. Would a loss to Brook really be so bad? And Brook looks like he is on the slide now after two consecutive stoppages.

How could you leave off possibly the biggest dream fight in boxing history: Sugar Ray Robinson Vs. Charley Burley

How could you leave off possibly the biggest dream fight in boxing history: Sugar Ray Robinson Vs. Charley Burley
my list inst comprehensive it just what was on my mind.
but that is a great shout out, really any of the guys from the BMR vs SRR would have been awesome or just to have footage of their fight with each other... it is lame that we only have one filmed fight of Burley.

The only person that smashed nas was an atg. And you think tapia stops him? Ok bro.
lol i get it your British, try to set your bias aside and watch Hamed's fights through the perspective of somebody who grew up in a part of the english speaking world that can properly pronounce words like "aluminum" and "vitamin".

When Tapia was on his game and had fetch in his corner he was a great fighter, tough, athletically he was extremely fast as well, and his technique was on point. watch his fight with said ATG and you can see how Tapia would have smashed Hamed.

lol i get it your British, try to set your bias aside and watch Hamed's fights through the perspective of somebody who grew up in a part of the english speaking world that can properly pronounce words like "aluminum" and "vitamin".

When Tapia was on his game and had fetch in his corner he was a great fighter, tough, athletically he was extremely fast as well, and his technique was on point. watch his fight with said ATG and you can see how Tapia would have smashed Hamed.

Tapia would smash Hamed?

I'm not seeing how that would happen.

"I get it your British";
When has Sunfish ever come across as a homer when calling fights? He's pretty unbiased in those respects

Last edited:
dream fights hat never happened for whatever reason time competing ducking etc..
Arguello vs Sanchez
i think arguello would kick sanchez around the ring for the duration of the fight but would endure some brutal counter attacks.
Pryor vs Leonard
Leonard Ko in the later rounds i think leonard was just in different league and pryor was just too hittable
Gomez vs Lomachenko
Gomez via late TKO
Tapia vs Hamed
Tapia beats haed by ud if it lasts that long. tapia is faster hits hard ad is a tougher human from a tougher warrior culture. Hamed pulls any shit Tapia outdoes him, and tapia schools Hamed in boxing skill and athletic ability.
Hearns vs Mayweather Jr.
i got hearns more times out of 10 but i don't think it is a shut out by any means.
Carbajal vs Koo-chang
carbajal via mid rounds ko. Jung Koo CHang kicks his ass fro most of the fight dropping crabapple multiple times possibly but ends up walking into some godly punches and gets put to sleep.
Gomez vs Loma @ 126? If Gomez was as focused and disciplined as he was @ 122 maybe. Gomez vs Rigo @ 122 is a dream fight.

Tapias’s best weight was at 112, I cant imagine him beating Hamed, Tapia was without a doubt more skilled though.

Arguello vs Sanchez??? That would have been a war, I think the thin man edges it.

Hearns was in a complete different weight class than Mayweather Jr. when they were both boxing.

Lennox vs Young Tyson
Lennox vs Younger Holyfield
Peak Pac vs Mayweather Jr.

Need to change it to prime May. He was a different beast as well.

Tapia would smash Hamed?

I'm not seeing how that would happen.

"I get it your British";
When has Sunfish ever come across as a homer when calling fights? He's pretty unbiased in those respects
Sunfish is a fine poster no doubt. but talking Hamed with brits is just something they seem incapable of being unbiased about.
Tapia would beat hamed because he would take the fight to hamed and not give him any chances to work his game. it would be similar to the barerra fight except Tapia is much more hot headed he would be all over Hamed and it would break the brit to have that type of pressure on him.

Sunfish is a fine poster no doubt. but talking Hamed with brits is just something they seem incapable of being unbiased about.
Tapia would beat hamed because he would take the fight to hamed and not give him any chances to work his game. it would be similar to the barerra fight except Tapia is much more hot headed he would be all over Hamed and it would break the brit to have that type of pressure on him.
I don't get how you think Tapia could stop Hamed. Firstly Hamed had a world class chin and was never KO'd or even looked close to being KO'd. Tapia was a naturally smaller man than Hamed so he wouldn't have the power to trouble him. And secondly Hamed made mincemeat of Medina who Tapia struggled to get a decision against. And that was an old past it Medina not the near prime version that Hamed fought. And Hamed lost to Barrera but the scorecards had it closer (2 were 115-112) than the 118-110 drubbing that Tapia got from Barrera. Tapia was just not in the same league as Hamed. But you'll probably dispute all I just wrote solely because I'm British.

Mosley was terrible at 154, Trinidad would end it in less than 6, at 147 though would be very interesting
My issue with 147 is that Trinidad had been killing himself for some time to make 147. 154 or a catchweight would be fine. I'm thinking of mosley post beating Oscar when both guys were undefeated.

The IUPAC based in America spells it aluminium. To be honest it also doesn’t bother me where Parmesan and nuclear get changed for no particular reason.

Katsidis v Gatti would have been a shitload of fun, not sure if it was ever talked about though.

Back