Fights where there is a third fight when one fighter has two losses?

Guy LeDouche

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of push for Daniel Cormier to fight Jon Jones for a third time. Cormier has lost both previous fights, but arguably has legitimate grounds for a third fight between the two, being the champion.

I would please like some help from anyone in figuring out if there have been any other similar situation/fights between two fighters where there has been one fighter who has lost two fights and they have had a third fight or reason for a third fight?
Thank you.
<Goldie11>

I've seen a lot of push for Daniel Cormier to fight Jon Jones for a third time. Cormier has lost both previous fights, but arguably has legitimate grounds for a third fight between the two, being the champion.

I would please like some help from anyone in figuring out if there have been any other similar situation/fights between two fighters where there has been one fighter who has lost two fights and they have had a third fight or reason for a third fight?
Thank you.
<Goldie11>
Tito Ortiz vs Chuck Liddel, Liddel has won two and a third fight is scheduled for October.
Wanderley vs Rampage ,Wand won the first two , rampage won the third and a fourth fight has been scheduled for Bellator.
Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock , Tito has won three fights

Big Nog vs Heath Herring
Wanderlei Silva vs Sakuraba
Barnett vs Cro Cop
Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock

I'd go for MacDonald vs Lawler III

Thank you.
<Goldie11>
Funaki vs Mezger
Tito vs Ken
Semmy vs Kondo
Funaki vs Semmy

Last edited:
Should be Conor vs Nate, but UFC gave Conor the money cow the win in fight 2

There has never been a situation similar to Jones DC if it happens because all three fights would be for a belt.

It's a shame it doesn't happen more. I'd love to see fighters throw down 6+ times a year. I think its realistic if they get rid of weight cutting and shorten the camps. It rewards fighters for activity. And ideally, the could move to a tournament/bracket systems and away from the belt system. We'd see more top guys fight more top guys. There would be more losses and you'd see guys go 2-3 against each other.

Thank you.
<Goldie11>

Tito v Chuck III coming up. Wandy v Rampage III.

But Jones v Cormier III is just bizarre. The guy who got the W in the first two fights is pushing for the third encounter at LHW and another at HW?? Jones is more than a head taller than Cormier, has something like a 14 inch reach advantage and is 8 years younger. Targeting Cormier makes Jones look like a pathetic bully, as he just wants to keep trying to beat up the same guy repeatedly, instead of challenging himself. Great sportsmanship, Jon Jones...

Aren't Tito and Chuck fighting again ?
Didn't Chuck win every time? Dominantly ?

WMMA: Rose vs.Joanna 3 might happen again.

if youre counting jones-dc as a trilogy, even though one of their fights was declared a no contest, then you have to include fedor-big nog as well.

if youre counting jones-dc as a trilogy, even though one of their fights was declared a no contest, then you have to include fedor-big nog as well.
Ah thank you this is a good one too. I was just looking for the instance where a similar situation had taken place, and that is a great example.

Back