Filipino Food, A question...

Not in NYC. There are at least a dozen Michelin rated Sushi spots owned and run by Authentic Japanese that do not waver in their creations. Go to 34th and visit the Korean BBQ, fish heads and dried fish all over. Chinese I agree with though...it’s Americanized, and needs to be because you need a larger menu than just Szechuan....I also agree that we don’t like certain flavor profiles like Fish Sauce...we also don’t like fish paste like the Norwegians do.
Not the outliers! Like normally distributed mean is Americanized!

filipinos put raisins in their fried rice. disgusting. i do like adobo though. there's many variations of it. many asian cultures eat rice w/a meat stew w/soy sauce as a base for the flavor. that's basically what adobo is. generally, adobo is supposed to have really fatty cuts of pork w/an oily broth from pork fat but i don't use that in my recipe.i make my own healthier version of it w/beef cut into cubes from a london broil cut, chicken breast pieces, and bite sized baby back pork ribs. it takes years of eating and cooking to perfect a recipe. home cooked meals that can't be found anwywhere else are my favorites. i usually don't like sharing my recipes online but if someone gets rich of it or enjoys my cooking then im a happy man.

i use lime leaf and lemon grass, onion powder, paprika, chopped fresh red thai chili peppers, pan caramelized sugar, golden mountain soy sauce, sauteed garlic , ginger and onions in olive oil, with peeled boiled eggs. i use beef and chicken broth with water as the base for the broth and then i cook it till the meat is super tender and eat it w/steamed jasmine rice and siracha. grew up cooking my own meals and i'm very good w/asian ingredients. i usually make a huge pot for everybody and i make sure i have leftovers for the next day since it will take a few hrs to make it. delicious and very good for muscle heads looking to eat a protein packed meal.

Last edited:
Back