Final PPV numbers for MayMac are ...

Canada and UK will push this past Paq/May. Unfortunately, UK pays like 10.00 USD for PPV. LMAO

Mayweather-Pacquiao sold more ppvs, had a bigger gate and made more revenue than Mayweather-McGregor.
BS. Worldwide May/Mac sold over 6 Million. More revenue you say?

I've been saying this. No one ever cared about PPV numbers outside the US but now it does because the nuthuggers want to use it as a narrative to make Conor seem bigger than he is.
Conor is the number active 1 selling Combat fighter in the world for PPV. Floyd is retired. All things point to Conor vs Oscar or Conor vs Paq which both will do 3 million PPV at least. War Conor buying his own Island.

That's wrong. Mayweather-Hatton did 1.2m in the UK.
Lewis-Tyson did 750k, for what it's worth.
I'm not sure what Joshua Klitschko did I'm generally good on that stuff and I actually don't remember what they did
EDIT
Looking up the numbers for Joshua Klitschko has them all over the place reading some references from Eddie Hearn and hun saying that Mayweather Pacquiao has the record at 1.5 million and they're expecting Joshua Klitschko to top that so that in itself already is more than Mayweather McGregor.
But I think those are wrong too I'm pretty sure Mayweather vs. Hatton is the record at 1.2 and Joshua and Klitschko faltered somewhere in the 700 to 800 thousand range

Whilst it's true that the numbers are all over the place, Joshua/Klitschko was said to have had the record. It is worth remembering that that fight was on at a normal hour for those of us in the UK to watch unlike the three big Mayweather fights (inc. the one with Hatton). But Sky Sports announced that McGregor/Mayweather was the biggest PPV they've ever done. I recall seeing that Mayweather/Pacquiao did about 700,000 here in the UK.

I've no doubt Mayweather/Pacquiao is the biggest boxing event in just about every coneivable way of measuring it, but I think the worldwide sales of Mayweather/McGregor *may* have scraped past Mayweather/Pacquiao's worldwide sales which are supposedly at 5.5 million.

Oh wow I was close with my original guess. Fairly short of breaking the domestic record and super close globally. I'm usually not good at guessing ppv buys. I guess I just predict deez tings.

In the prediction thread I had it at over 4m & under 4.6m too
So it landed where I thought

Oh & ftr, MayPac did 700k in UK, so worldwide its really close

I didnt realize NA + UK = worldwide lmao

You're full of shit. The US is always the benchmark and MayPac was more. Now suddenly MayMac is more because it includes UK buys and is considered "worldwide" which it isnt.

MayPac made more in every benchmark except your cherry picked US + UK POSSIBLY
I got in a fight with this dude before about this subject. BOXING ALWAYS REPORTS U.S. buys. This dude clearly has an agenda.

PPVs are usually more expensive outside of the US than in the US so those numbers actually account for more actual profit per buy.

Back