Finnegan's Wake

MMA Fight Team

I was the instructor tonight. Had them spar and do aggression drills.

Yeah. I want to make sure our guys don't go into a fight thinking they are sparring. In this one, I would slap the shit out them with the focus mits until they landed a good shot (I was wearing headgear) and I'd drop as if I were rocked and they were to follow me down, avoiding getting tied up in gaurd, and pound me out. I wish I'd done this drill before my first fight. It would have been a 30 second fight instead of a 2:43 second fight if I'd pounced on the guy as soon as he went down.

Good times.

Started back on RPM today. It worked well getting me past a dietary plateau before. We'll see if it works again.

Current Supps:
ECA custom stack
RPM
Fish Oil
ON Choc Mint protein powder
Muscle Milk Brownie Batter
Cytocarb II
Beta Alanine

Deadlift:
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 5
405 x 5
405 x 5

Zercher Deadlift:
135 x 3 (pants exploded, so no more Z-deads till after laundry day)

Clean and Push Press:
135 x 3
155 x 1
185 x 1
225 x 0,0 (so fucking close)

CoC:
Closes:
Trainer x 5

#2:
3 right, 1 left

Negatives

Impressions: GODDAMMIT! I came really close to getting the push press PR, but I hit a fucking beam in my new garage on the left side and it fucked the lift up. Tried again, but I blew my load. I'll definitely get this my the end of the month. Shoulder rehab stuff seems to have helped this a bit.

AM:
100 Dumbell Snatch Challenge (35lbs)
Time: 1:51

PM:
MMA stuff.

Impressions:
Lost a few seconds (8 or so) screwing the endcap back onto the dumbell. Need to do this with a hex dumbell or the powerblock so the collar doesn't come loose. Overall, a decent day. Sore as fuck, ready for MMA Fight Team tomorrow night.

Thanks. Part of it is still confidence in the shoulder. The 225 clean helped restore a bit of that confidence. Also, no pain while ohping, so that's good.

You still haven't gotten the 225 PP? Well, I guess with your shoulder and concentrating on fighting and conditioning that probably went out the window...

BTW, do you know, are they widening I-264? Or some parts of it? I noticed some construction when I went through there last week and forgot to ask ya.

The Push press will definitely be there by the end of the month. A better rep scheme/ not hitting a ceiling crossbeam / wrist wraps should do it. The shoulder rehab I did acted as assistance lifts apparently. This was the first time I'd done a barbell push press in literally months.
As far as I-264, I don't usually take it. Tamil says yes, they are widening a part of it.

Just a side note.... how do you like the brownie batter muscle milk? Always think about ordering some then say "nah"

Its tasty, as all Muscle Milk is tasty. If you like their chocolate stuff, go for it. If you are more a cookies and cream/ fruit guy; take it or leave it. I love the Peanut Butter Chocolate, fyi, and am neutral on Cookies and Cream. (I also only mix with water. I'm sure the brownie butter is pure heaven mixed with milk.)

htg0u1.jpg

Warrior Challenge Day:

Incline DB Bench Press/ Cable Tricep Rope Pulldowns
70 x 10/ 70 x 10
85 x 8/ 90 x 8
95 x 6/ 110 x 6

Tabata Circuits:
Attempt to get 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 5 BW squats in 20 seconds work/ 10 secs rest.
Rd 1: 5/10/3
Rd 2: 5/10/2
Rd 3: 5/10/5 *GOAL!*
Rd 4: 5/10/3

Tabata 2: Dumbell Snatches (65lbs) 20 sec work/ 10 rest
Rd 1: 11
Rd 2: 10
Rd 3: 10
Rd 4: 12
Rd 5: 11
Rd 6: 11

Bag Work: 3 min rounds, 1 min rest
Rd 1: Speedbag
Rd 2: Power combos
Rd 3: Speedbag
Rd 4: Tyson Round (throw a 1,2, 3-2, 2-3, right uppercut-3, 1-2 combo the first round, the 1,1,2,2,3-2, 3-2, etc, working up to as high as you can get) I got up to 9 1/2 complete sequences, that is 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,etc.)

Finisher: Flirting with gym bunnies.

Impressions:
RPM is a helluva drug.

you're taking ECA and RPM? Jesus Christ. How have you not stroked out?

My stim tolerance is well cultivated. I need 2 liters of Mt Dew or 4 energy drinks a day to break even.

Back