Firefighter loses job over insensitive social media post

It would have consequences if they failed to save a Mexican while he was on duty even if he did his best. The sentiment and hate is out there, no one says some shit like that publicly as an innocent goof they don't mean in some way.

Bull shit. Some of us will not be cowered by speech police.

I will make a offensive statement, just because you told me I couldn't.

How is making a joke being a poor representative of your employer?

See, this keeps on coming down to the fact, that a offensive statement does not make a racist.

I love Nazi memes. I think they are hilarious. Does that make me a anti-semite?
Like myself and others have said, it's a problem because he's in a position to put himself in danger for the people he publicly joked about killing. If he fails to save them, it could look like the city knew he was biased and allowed him to be in that position which cost a person their life.

You still seemed contentious like it was half credit or something. I'm not really looking for anything, just conversating and stating my perspective on the matter. I agree with you that this is America and it's important we have free speech, you can say whatever you want and at the end of the day it's all good.

You're the only poster that annoys the hell out of me in one post and then has me wishing I could like a post more than once in another thread 5 minutes later. I respect that.

Yeah, you got some of that with me as well. We seem to see eye to eye on allot, and then passionately disagree on other issues.

Because a joke can be offensive to people, and by not taking those people's feelings into consideration, it can reflect poorly on you as an employer. Especially racist jokes.

Seriously, this is basic shit.

See, this keeps on coming down to the fact, that a offensive statement does not make a racist.

I have never said this guy is a genuine racist. I'm saying the company has every right to can his ass if the comments he made were perceived as such. That's all that matters to them. PR is real. A public service member cracking racist jokes is especially more sensitive to that fact. You don't get to tell people what is funny and what isn't. You don't get to tell the targets of your racist jokes to lighten up.

Last edited:
The same people who are eager to ruin this guy life are the same people who were defending sick pedophile jokes.

I couldn't care less that he made that stupid joke, it's ridiculously hard to offend me with 'Mexican' jokes.. but he said something extremely stupid for the position he was in. His employer has every right to fire him for it.

You say that like you have some evidence this guy wasn't just trying to be a edge Lord.

I think 80% of the WR could lose their job over shit they post here, if this wasn't anonymous.
When it comes to someone who may sit over life and death of OTHERS, and the only evidence you have shows he not only wants them dead but would actively engage in killing them, you err on the side of the ONLY evidence you have, his words.

There should be nothing extreme about that. Yes we could GUESS maybe he does not mean it. Yes we could GUESS that maybe he would act differently. And yes we could GUESS maybe it works out. But an employer should not have to make those BETS in a work place where providing safety is its paramount concern. They absolutely should be able to have employees without that conflict. If a police officer in a primarily black jurisdiction was outed as being active in the KKK with lots of racist writings we could GUESS he was always doing his job fairly even when outside scrutiny but there is no reason that person should be kept on.

Here is where I get torn on this. If your job is to be a spokesperson, or representative of an organization, then you should be held to a higher standard.

Being put in the public light, has always been accompanied by greater scrutiny.

I have a problem with this applying to Joe Blow.
This guy runs into your house and saves your ass
I guarantee this is all morbidly obese women who have never helped anybody

If you posted Nazi Memes all over your personal Facebook page and gave them all thumbs up then whether you worked for a Private Sector employer or a gov't one that had any interaction with the Jewish community you should be fired. Heck even without any such interaction you should be fired.

So you are making the point against yourself.

No one else is responsible to try and dig out your true intent or if you really mean them in your heart.

Last edited:
Hes obviously a false flag white supremacist

Soros agreed to pay him 6K a month for the rest of his life if he would make the post and take the dive.

I'm currently in negotiations with the Soros team myself. I'm willing to post a joke to FB about lynching black people for 4K a month. But we are stalemated at 3 and I am not budging.

Hmmmm.
What about it?

invader
/ɪnˈveɪdə/
noun
  1. a person or group that invades a country, region, or other place.
    "it is a country that has repelled all invaders"
    Synonyme: attacker, raider, plunderer, pillager, marauder, looter
Maybe words are too difficult for you, should someone draw an invader for you?
Keep living in your fantasy world.
That definition does not say what you think it says. It's a circular reasoning because you are stating the definition of an "invader" is someone or group who " invades a country, region, or other place."
My point is what exactly defines one as an "invader". The illegals coming across the border are not using using force to enter the US. The US going into Iraq by force is an invasion.

That poor racist moron just wanted to make a very distasteful joke on a public platform and now he has to face consequences. Life is unfair.

Bull shit. Some of us will not be cowered by speech police.

I will make a offensive statement, just because you told me I couldn't.

You seem to have alot of free time on your hands. If you're so passionate about this then why not spend less time posting on here and arguing, and actually go out and do something about it. Rally, start your own political party, join another party and foster change from within.

That definition does not say what you think it says. It's a circular reasoning because you are stating the definition of an "invader" is someone or group who " invades a country, region, or other place."
My point is what exactly defines one as an "invader". The illegals coming across the border are not using using force to enter the US. The US going into Iraq by force is an invasion.
Alrighty then buddy. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Hmmmmm, first, that comment is disgusting.

But just to play devil's advocate here. Isn't a fire fighter a government employee?

Should the government be allowed to fire someone over speech?

I mean, our Constitution is very clear. Those laws are meant to check government power, and they are absolute.
Depends, if you think someone like a fire fighter or cop would be less effective at their job because of their views. If a cop posted "Black people are animals and need to be put down", should he keep his job patrolling Ferguson? I agree on the Constitutional issue, but I also think advocating the baiting and slaughter of Mexican immigrants can easily be qualified as hate speech.

Yeaahhh I'm hardly one for being politically correct and I'm also for repulsing what we have coming to our border but this was idiotic and distasteful for someone in his position to say.

CEZ4qhHUkAAY86m.jpg

You gotta keep business and personal separate. Being a thin-skinned tattle tale is a virtue nowadays, as well as stroking one's self off to the idea that you were important enough to cause someone to lose their job. Thin-skinned, power-tripping tattle tales. DTA, let alone Facebook.

Back