first fight

Man, first of all congrats on the first fight. But honestly I think you were not ready.

There is a lot to work on.
I can comment only on your boxing, beside learning to check these low kicks. Dude was throwing lame low kicks they had to be checked and counter-attacked. Easiest counter - check lame low kick, answer with a combo starting with a left hook.
First your stance is too squared for someone that wants to punch, pay some real attention to your stance.
Second you have no defensive mechanisms build in, it is like every punch or kick they throw is going to land.
Get more down, bend these knees, work of that jab, work going to the sides with it.
Work on footwork = at least going back to escape attacks in order to reset and start your own.

I do not want to discourage, but I have never fought but if this guy fought me like this, my 80 kg body would pressure and overwhelm him, just by making him move around. I actually spar a guy often that has your build. He is trouble only when I decide to give him chance to work and go inside him (I go inside as to practice may inside game against heavier and stronger guy, practice that clinch and defence).

Now lastly you can improve drastically on the physical side. And no I do not mean the fat. No shame in being fat or a big man. I was once too. But you seem weak, unbalanced with a bad cardio and no conditioning on these shoulders and feet.
Best way to improve is to really add some strength training. Work on the heavy bag for shoulder conditioning. Do not skip road work and jump rope.

Looking from the bright side - you can only improve

just wanna say a few things, you said if this guy fought some one like you your 80kg body would overwhelm him well that would never happen as weight classes exist for a reason lol.

im not trying to bash but saying im not ready but also never stepping in there yourself is really weird lol.

i think my cardio deff has a lot to improve along with my boxing. i dint throw any kicks as he is a grappler/wrestler and did not want to be taken down and wanted to keep the fight standing.

i re watched a lot of times and i out landed him way more than he hit me...he hit me good 3-4 times while i hit him to the face and to the body alot more than he did besides the nice leg kicks he landed.

i realized i should have thrown way more combos and i need to work on fighting guys with longer reach as i continue to drop down weight. i had a fight scheduled for back in july that i weighted in at 361 on weight in and this one i weighed in at 346 so im working and losing weight. im getting there, but im gonna continue to train and work on my cardio, boxing, movement as much as i can and challenging myself and stepping in side the cage and getting better.

i think i should of have won the fight after watching the fight, i won round 1 and round 2 should of been mine imo, i threw more strikes and chased him down 90% of the round. while in round 3 i deff took it off and let him throw more volume and control me against the cage.

just wanna say a few things, you said if this guy fought some one like you your 80kg body would overwhelm him well that would never happen as weight classes exist for a reason lol.

im not trying to bash but saying im not ready but also never stepping in there yourself is really weird lol.

i think my cardio deff has a lot to improve along with my boxing. i dint throw any kicks as he is a grappler/wrestler and did not want to be taken down and wanted to keep the fight standing.

i re watched a lot of times and i out landed him way more than he hit me...he hit me good 3-4 times while i hit him to the face and to the body alot more than he did besides the nice leg kicks he landed.

i realized i should have thrown way more combos and i need to work on fighting guys with longer reach as i continue to drop down weight. i had a fight scheduled for back in july that i weighted in at 361 on weight in and this one i weighed in at 346 so im working and losing weight. im getting there, but im gonna continue to train and work on my cardio, boxing, movement as much as i can and challenging myself and stepping in side the cage and getting better.

i think i should of have won the fight after watching the fight, i won round 1 and round 2 should of been mine imo, i threw more strikes and chased him down 90% of the round. while in round 3 i deff took it off and let him throw more volume and control me against the cage.

I was not trying to be offensive but give you a real feedback.
I was trying to say I am bad, like really bad. But against this guy even I would beat him in the way he fought. I would circle around him jabbing and he would have no answer to that.
I then meant based on that both of you were not ready at all to fight. If I was coaching you I would never let you fight.
You have no stance, no balance, no guard, no jab, no straight right, nor a proper 1-2. No distance control knowledge. According to you no grappling and you are afraid to throw low kicks, cause he can catch them. No kick defence. Yet you are out there fighting. Your cardio is bad, your strength is lacking. I would take you to my gym, where we are white collar enthusiasts all lighter than you and everyone would knock you down in a 2-3 rounds boxing fight, a couple of guys you would be lucky to survive a minute with this body posture and defence.

I do not blame you, I blame the guys that coach you and put you in this position. And nope you did not win the fight. I have not stepped to fight, because of personal reasons, but I have never been motivated enough to go fighting. Perhaps someday (I had this idea a couple of years ago but gave up on it).

Anyway. My advice was like - work more before the second fight. You were not ready for this one from neither technical nor physical aspect. Perhaps mentally you tought you were, but from watching you need to work a lot more. Fight sports are dangerous and one needs to be prepared.

Last edited:
I was trying to say I am bad, like really bad. But against this guy even I would beat him in the way he fought. I would circle around him jabbing and he would have no answer to that.
I then meant based on that both of you were not ready at all to fight. If I was coaching you I would never let you fight.
You have no stance, no balance, no guard, no jab, no straight right, nor a proper 1-2. No distance control knowledge. According to you no grappling and you are afraid to throw low kicks, cause he can catch them. No kick defence. Yet you are out there fighting. Your cardio is bad, your strength is lacking. I would take you to my gym, where we are white collar enthusiasts all lighter than you and everyone would knock you down in a 2-3 rounds boxing fight, a couple of guys you would be lucky to survive a minute with this body posture and defence.

I do not blame you, I blame the guys that coach you and put you in this position. And nope you did not win the fight. I have not stepped to fight, because of personal reasons, but I have never been motivated enough to go fighting. Perhaps someday (I had this idea a couple of years ago but gave up on it).

Anyway. My advice was like - work more before the second fight. You were not ready for this one from neither technical nor physical aspect. Perhaps mentally you tought you were, but from watching you need to work a lot more. Fight sports are dangerous and one needs to be prepared.

If you really think that i think you are delusional lol, i may have been off my game but in no sort of way was i unprepared, and i been training since i was 7 years old my grappling is stronger than my boxing but i like to strike more then i like to grapple...anyways every one at the event from the pros to other fighters gave me kuddos and said i fough really well but this is sherdog and keybord warriors will be keyboard warriors.

I can guarantee you if i came to your gym no one would come close to putting me down lol. May out work me and have better cardio than me but thats about it.

https://ibb.co/mgJHHK

Just an FYi ;)

Btw for you to say i have no movement again i think your being a sherdog keyboard warrior lol because the second round my head movement and movement he barely hit and maybe got one or two punches in but yeah no movement lol.

And i just rr read your post and saying i had no guard? Lmaoo maybe yeah i dint check any kicks or countered right when he threw them but did you watch the same thing i watched? Because from the video i see i see myself dodging his punches and guarding my face and waiting to throw counters.

I take feed back well and have no problem admiting my shit i have to work on but you just sound like a hater who never had the balls to step in the cage lol

If you really think that i think you are delusional lol, i may have been off my game but in no sort of way was i unprepared, and i been training since i was 7 years old my grappling is stronger than my boxing but i like to strike more then i like to grapple...anyways every one at the event from the pros to other fighters gave me kuddos and said i fough really well but this is sherdog and keybord warriors will be keyboard warriors.

I can guarantee you if i came to your gym no one would come close to putting me down lol. May out work me and have better cardio than me but thats about it.

He has a point, but since you've trained since you were 7 and now your overweight, it holds you back sometimes in the fight. You do catch on to peoples rythyms, your just not as good as distributing your weight. If you get better at that, then your probably could've knocked that guy out (probably!). This was your first fight hell even a guy i know in florida fought without any pior experience, he won the fight though but the other guy it was his first fight too and he was training in an actual gym, not like this guy. Everybody starts somewhere a lot of gyms will wait until your more experienced but you've been training since you were 7 and this was your first fight.

I believe someone in the stand up forum said you can train for 10 years without fighting then go in a fight and find out your not the best.

But you do need to work on combinations and carrying your weight. I think a good thing you could've done was push the guy against the fence and hit him while smothering him. But you always start somewhere.

He has a point, but since you've trained since you were 7 and now your overweight, it holds you back sometimes in the fight. You do catch on to peoples rythyms, your just not as good as distributing your weight. If you get better at that, then your probably could've knocked that guy out (probably!). This was your first fight hell even a guy i know in florida fought without any pior experience, he won the fight though but the other guy it was his first fight too and he was training in an actual gym, not like this guy. Everybody starts somewhere a lot of gyms will wait until your more experienced but you've been training since you were 7 and this was your first fight.

I believe someone in the stand up forum said you can train for 10 years without fighting then go in a fight and find out your not the best.

But you do need to work on combinations and carrying your weight. I think a good thing you could've done was push the guy against the fence and hit him while smothering him. But you always start somewhere.

see my thing is, the way you came about everything you said sounded A Lot better than the way he came at me, my opinion still stands but regardless in the way you said things i agree with 100% of the things you said, this was my first fight, and i know i needed to throw a lot more combos and a lot more movement but this was his third and imo i was ready and will be even more ready next time.

see my thing is, the way you came about everything you said sounded A Lot better than the way he came at me, my opinion still stands but regardless in the way you said things i agree with 100% of the things you said, this was my first fight, and i know i needed to throw a lot more combos and a lot more movement but this was his third and imo i was ready and will be even more ready next time.

Yeah i'm not saying your not. But amatuer mma is the place you'll find the most bums and most inexperienced people. You can get an amatuer fight just by asking the promoter can you fight. It's not hard and their are people who think they can bang with anyone so they contact a promoter and they end up getting knocked out.

You i know have a good chance of winning your next fight. Just need to work on things and you know what you got to work on too.

Watch your fight over and over again, to see what you did wrong and what you did right and think of what you could do better and what can be improved even if you did something right just think of what you can improve.

<6>
To much tension. I thought we were supposed to be Zen and shit.

lost my first fight to a close decision

29-28 but happy with my performance, back to the gym to focus on my cardio. i think i landed the more clean shots but him holding me to the cage and holding me to the clinch won him the fight. we got fight of the night and im happy with my performance.

back to grind and hopefully fighting again on nov 24th

www.facebook.com/100003788717030/videos/1360810777388533/

good fight dude, we all win, we all loose, win or loose, we fight again regardless. You dont sound like the loss affected you too very much in your post which is a great thing. Focus on the positives that you did, work on what needs improvement, and try again, this how we learn and improve. Your happy with your performance and thats all that matters. I am looking forward to seeing your next one.

64328378.jpg

Congratulations @patferrari way to cross the threshold and get fight of the night honors.
Well done next time throw it up for the f11

good fight dude, we all win, we all loose, win or loose, we fight again regardless. You dont sound like the loss affected you too very much in your post which is a great thing. Focus on the positives that you did, work on what needs improvement, and try again, this how we learn and improve. Your happy with your performance and thats all that matters. I am looking forward to seeing your next one.

64328378.jpg
Congratulations @patferrari way to cross the threshold and get fight of the night honors.
Well done next time throw it up for the f11

thank you to both of you! gonna work on what needs to be worked on and come back and get my win!!

Congrats on your first fight mate. I see you decided to go ortho for the whole thing - how did that feel?

A bit late but congrats on the experience.

My brother learnt to fight on the job, and had a couple of rough loses because of it. Sometimes the best way to learn to swim is by jumping in the pool, as long as you don't drown. You can wait too long to get good and never give it a go if your not careful. My brother had 7 pro fights and I only had one even though I was always the better fighter. Sometimes you just have to give it a go.

Last edited:
Thank you brother oss
I like the way you went to the body with your punches in the second, you also landed a number of right counters that looked good. Good fight overall, also you get my respect for pushing the pace more than a lot of big guys do.

Back