First time renting a car

P

Pugilistic

I've just rented a car online for my trip to California. It's my first time doing this. I got a Mitsubishi Mirage, which is the smallest and cheapest car available, and I didn't pay for any extra options or coverage. Anything I should be aware of?

I set the pick up time for 30 minutes after my arrival and set the drop off 3 hours before my departure. That should be good right? Since I didn't pay for a navigation system, are there any navigation apps you guys recommend?

I've just rented a car online for my trip to California. It's my first time doing this. I got a Mitsubishi Mirage, which is the smallest and cheapest car available, and I didn't pay for any extra options or coverage. Anything I should be aware of?

I set the pick up time for 30 minutes after my arrival and set the drop off 3 hours before my departure. That should be good right? Since I didn't pay for a navigation system, are there any navigation apps you guys recommend?
Do you have travel insurance? Some ass bandit his a rental i had and didnt leave a note. Travel insurance covered the 2k. This was in australia though. It is a way cheaper option than the reduced coverage scam by rental companies

Go old school dawg

131_1109_06%2Bpaper_or_plastic%2Busing_a_map_while_driving

Take pictures of the entire car, inside and out, before driving off the lot. Youll have a time stamp on your photos. Do the same when you return it. If they try and charge you for shit you didnt do to the car, youll have photos with time stamps at pick up and drop off to prove otherwise. Hold on to them for 6 months. Sometimes they'll contact you 5-6 months later claiming you damaged the vehicle etc

Just remember we drive on the left side of the road here. You may hear people say we drive on the right side, but they are using right as in correct.

Make sure you can open the gas tank. I rented a car a couple of years ago and could not figure out how to pop the fuel for the life of me and I've owned a bunch of different cars.

Your car insurance from home may not cover the rental car since you’re from out of the country so you may want to spring for the $10/day (or whatever it costs) for their bumper-bumper insurance.

They might charge you double since you’re Asian, I definitely would. ;)

accellerate, decellerate, and turn as hard and as fast as possible at all times.

Rental cars are fun as hell. They don't check the underside so don't be afraid to do some urban four-wheeling.

Lmao @ renting a Mitsubishi. Didn’t even know they still made cars.

I rented one once and when I got there to pick it up I had to have a credit card to pay and at the time I didn't have one so I was stuck without a car in Las Angeles

Dont get into an accident. There aint much else to know. Just take care of it. Drive like a normal person.

My car insurance said I get the same coverage if I drive a car I don't own for 30 days. Nice to know.

If the insurance was cheap, as it should have been, you should have got it.

O well

. Make sure you are 25 with a credit card.
. Turn down the insurance option, usually covered by the credit card company.
. I usually take the gas option so I don't have to look for a gas station to fill up the car during the return.
. Until not too long ago, guys would rent the Corvette or Shelby Mustang and switch engines before the return.
. The electric/gas cars are fun to drive.
. Here in the U.S. all rentals are automatic transmission. No gear shifting like Europe and South America.
@Pugilistic

Back