Movies Five Nights at Freddy’s (movie)

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I just watched the movie of Five Nights at Freddy’s. I have never played the game, but have watched other people play it on YouTube and I have watched many YouTube videos of people explaining and analyzing the background and lore of the story. The game and its storyline are really interesting and fresh, in the sense that there isn’t anything else like it.

Generally, I didn’t like the movie so much. I went into the movie expecting jumpscares and the kind of tension that the game creates … but, the movie just didn’t really bring that in from the game at all.

There was an interesting backstory with the main character, but sometimes the characters in the movie just acted completely irrational from scene to scene.

This movie doesn’t give the game and it’s story justice, in my opinion.

I would give it 4/10. I wouldn’t watch it again.

I just watched the movie of Five Nights at Freddy’s. I have never played the game, but have watched other people play it on YouTube and I have watched many YouTube videos of people explaining and analyzing the background and lore of the story. The game and its storyline are really interesting and fresh, in the sense that there isn’t anything else like it.

Generally, I didn’t like the movie so much. I went into the movie expecting jumpscares and the kind of tension that the game creates … but, the movie just didn’t really bring that in from the game at all.

There was an interesting backstory with the main character, but sometimes the characters in the movie just acted completely irrational from scene to scene.

It simply wasn't scary

I think you might be able to find a few very old games with similar mechanics.

I will dig about but I'm sure it's been done before......

I think you might be able to find a few very old games with similar mechanics.

I will dig about but I'm sure it's been done before......

It’s not just the mechanics, but the premise of the story, the character design, the eerie feel to the game and the way it gradually builds tension … I, personally, had never seen anything like it.

The target audience is children, I didn't expect a decent horror movie just based on that.

The target audience is children, I didn't expect a decent horror movie just based on that.

Fans of the game are more like people who discovered the franchise as teenagers and young adults, but may be full grown adults by now. The movie was definitely a flop, I stopped halfway through, but some fans loved it just because they're easily pleased i.e. happy it was made at all.

EI45Es.gif

Watch the Cage movie instead. It's pretty fun

There were some gory scenes though. I think at one point, one of the burglars gets cut in half … and later on, you see dead bodies piled up …

Personally, I wasn’t even looking for gore, I was hoping for tension, suspense, a little terror … I.e. the kind of emotions that the game itself evokes in you.

In my opinion, it is scarier simply watching someone play the game on YouTube!

Never really played the game. I always see it on sale though.

Back