3 x 5 x 112.5 (4/5/5)

CGBP
2 x 1 x 117.5

Squats (paused)
3 x 5 x 130

DB Side/front/rear - 2 x 15/6/15 x 10s , 10/6/15 x 10s
DB Skull Crushers - 3 x 10-12 x 12.5s
Chins - 3 x 10 x bw

DB Carries - 550m (225 incline 225 decline)

Notes: missed 5 reps on my first attempt, because I got in all nice and tight then my misses tickled my balls before I un-racked the weight. I didn't bother resetting. Other sets felt groovy.

17-11-16
sets x reps x weight

Skwat (s'plosive)
5 x 2 x 140

Front Squits
3 x 3 x 110

Deadlifts
2 x 5 x 185

Front Squats - 4 x 10 x 70
Pull Ups/Ab Wheel - 12/15 x bw , 2 x 10/15 x bw

Notes: Tight left abductor, which Is causing pain on the lateral side of my knee... this is the conclusion I have some to with my painful knee. Although the way I've started squatting after getting some tips has helped my knee loads.

4th December, training is going well thanks. Hows your training going?
It's going pretty well, some PRs have been set recently so can't grumble. Good luck for the meet mate, looking forward to the write-up.

18-11-16
sets x reps x weight

Push Press
5 x 3 x 85

SOHP
3 x 8 x 60

BORs
15 x 60
12 x 70
10 x 80
8 x 90

Weighed Chins
5 x 5 x bw+15kg

19/11/16
Sets x reps x weight

Deadlifts (explosive)
5 x 2 x 172.5

Block Pulls (4")
3 x 3 x 185

SLDL
3 x 10 x 100

Bench
3 x 5 x 110

Chins 10/10/8/7 x bw

Notes: was talking myself out of today's session all day, couldn't be bothered tbh. But it's too close to meet day to miss sessions. Garage was bloody freezing.

21-11-16
sets x reps x weight

Bench (heavy + paused)
2 x 117.5
1 x 122.5
1 x 125

Squats (paused)
2 x 5 x 150

CGBP
10 x 60
10 x 70
10 x 80
8 x 90

Weight Dips
4 x 10 x bw+20kg

Chest Supported DB Rear Flys
4 x 15-20 x 10s

Notes: Benching felt great. Still forcing myself into a tight arch and concentrating on leg drive. 122.5 and 125 flew up, even with a second pause. I'm trying to get it as close to the competition bench as possible. 125 felt much easier than last week, so if everything goes well I can smoke my bench attempts. Obviously this isn't new territory for me, I've been able to pause 130 for 2 in the past at my heaviest, but I'm more than a stone lighter than I was back then. So it's all good.

Squats felt great, no knee pain but conscious of the weakness I have there. Didn't use knee sleeves because my knee's were pretty warm after benching. Prolly from all the quad flexin' and stuff.

23-11-16
sets x reps x weight

Squats (volume)
3 x 5 x 157.5

Front Squats
2 x 1-2 @ 130 (2/1)

Deadlifts
2 x 6 @ 162.5

BB Hip Thrusters
3 x 10 x 100

DB SLDL
3 x 10 x 20's

----------------------------

25-11-16
Fluff Day

sets x reps x weight

Push Press
2 x 70
1 x 80
1 x 90
F x 102.5

SOHP
3 x 10 x 60

Chins
5 x 10 x bw (86kg)

Lat Raises
3 x 8 x 15's

Rear Flys
3 x 15-20 x 10s

DB Carries - 550m (225 incline/225 decline) - 30's - 13:50.8

Notes: was alright. Off to centre parcs tonight"!!! Gonna get a massage and chill the fuck out.

Have fun mate.

6a20a287b2865cc3ea9389d590de2a47.jpg

Centre Parcs Longleat was great. The water rapids were the highlight of the whole thing. We must of flew down those things about 20 times.. my knee's and hips are bruised but it was worth it.
Only thing letting Centre Parcs down is the price of everything, because it's a self serve place once you're inside they provide everything you need but it'll cost you. And it was rammed because it was a weekend, so if you haven't booked something in advanced, you'll have no chance of doing it. And their restaurants were poo, poor service and crappy over priced food.. other than that, it's a great place for activities if you're the active type. Will go again, but will be better prepared. Squirrels were fucking everywhere!

Cliff:
Centre parcs is good
Its expensive
Book everything in advance
Don't eat at the restaurants

29-11-16

Meet Week Fluffy Work

Squats

3 x 8 x 60

Bench
3 x 8 x 40

Deadlift
3 x 8 x 70

Notes: As you can see, it was all really light. Just going through the motions now. I spent 15 mins foam rolling and stretching to try loosen up after all the trekking I did over the weekend. Knee is feeling pretty good, so hopefully it's not an issue come Sunday, and I think I'm ready to rock n roll.

I went to Centre Parcs when I was a lad with my friends' family. I remember it being bloody expensive then, and we're talking over 20 years ago.

But have you hit them all in the same day like a meet?

But have you hit them all in the same day like a meet?

Nope. Which is why my openers are quite conservative I think. I only signed up for this meet about 2 weeks ago which was more or less out of the blue.. so I decided to stick to the programme, because it worked out perfectly for the Meet.

I'll do mock meets in the future and just wing it for my first one. Also, I was feeling really weak a few months ago, so by doing a mock meet I didn't want to set myself up for disappointment and put pressure on myself. I'm feeling strong right now, so hopefully I'll pull close to or better than my current PB's, or at least total my target of 520kg.

Openers should be breezy anyway mate, you should only really be struggling on your third attempts (you have enough to worry about with cues on the first two attempts let alone weight).

4-12-16

BDFPA British Divisional.

Came into this meet not really knowing what to expect but I was really surprised by how relaxed and welcoming the atmosphere was. The guys who put on the show did a great job (even though I have nothing to compare it too).
I was in flight 4, so my first lifts didn't begin until 2 hours after the show began.

Squat attempt 1 was 175kg, a lift I can hit comfortably in training. Before the lift whilst warming up I had a huge pump in my quads and my legs felt like blocks. I was nervous and just wanted to get the first one out of the way. Anyways, I over compensated and came up quick enough that the bar lifted off my back. Good lift.
Attempt 2 was 185kg, which is what I intended to get to total 520kg providing everything's else went according to plan. This lift actually felt much easier, probably because I got the first lift out of the way and I knew exactly what I had to do in terms of commands.
Attempt 3 was 200kg, based on how well 185kg moved I thought fuck it let's go for 200, a nice round number to end my squats. I got that and it move much faster than I could have hoped for.

2 hours later.

Bench attempt 1 was 117.5kg. I had plans to open with 120, but driving in I had a few doubts. I saw bench as the hardest wth 3 commands, so I thought 117.5 was a safe bet because I can easily pause it for a while and still get the lift. I got called to reposition, I had to reset because my fingers weren't inside the rings. This helped actually because my back cramped up when I first got into position.
Bench attempt 2 was 122.5kg. Again another easy lift, no back cramping because I stretched it Out before going up.
Bench attempt 3 was 130kg. Original plans were 127.5, but again just thought fuck it and go for broke, 130kg felt easy.

2 bloody hours later.

Deadlifts attempt 1 was 220kg. Smoked this in training last week so I knew that I could hit it on the platform, especially with adrenaline etc. This also put me at a 550kg total, which is 30kg over the target I wanted. It moved quick.
Deadlift attempt 2 was 230kg. Creeping up to my 1rm, but it moved pretty well.
Deadlift attempt 3 was 240kg. 5kg PB, final lift of the day and puts me at a 570kg total. Which was enough to qualify me for the British, and win my category.

A long ass day. I was at the venue for around 8 hours. There was 70 lifters in total, which Is why it took 2 hours for my flight to come back around.
Awesome experience, and I can't wait to do it again! Now I have a total, I can spend next year looking to improve on it.

Last edited:
Flash you strong sexy bastard. That's awesome.

The lifts looked very smooth.

I saw on Facebook there was close 70 lifters competing. A crazy number. Similar to my first competition it just seemed to take forever. Luckily the competitions I've done after that have been smaller.

Yeah big congrats Flash, well done on placing first too!

Back