Floating Island Project(starting a New Nation)

What would stop another country from taking them over?

Not sure. But these island would serve as their own nations and then would have to join the UN or form a agreement with a nation for protection.

For now they are hoping that the host nation will protect them until they get bigger and can self protect themeslves.

Building for the open ocean is technically possible, yet it is extremely expensive and difficult at this time. Forging partnerships with host nations solves both problems and allows us to open seasteading to more people sooner, and to learn in preparation for more ambitious goals.

Modern-day piracy, while very uncommon, does exist. It tends to be concentrated off the coasts of Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Somalia, Yemen and recently Nigeria (more info). Seasteads will select their location to avoid pirate activity, and initial Seasteads will be hosted in the territorial waters of existing nations who patrol their own waters.

Last edited:
inb4

latest

This will be a learning exp. A city with no nation to rule it execpt the people that live there.

What could happen.

Until China claims ownership.

I'd guess they'd be too big and heavy for anchors.

Looks like Final Fantasy VIII!!!

Last edited:
Until China claims ownership.

I'd guess they'd be too big and heavy for anchors.

Looks like Final Fantasy VIII!!!

They are using Hong Kong as a example of how this could work in favor of the host nation making money off them.

But i am not that work her cause Hong Kong was giving freedom after they were giving a way to live. A new nation starting from scratch is gonna devolp different I think.

Back