Elections Florida Recount Debacle results

democrats lost me at benghazi. I will and always will stand for the men and women who defend this country. To Hillary Clinton they are just big green circles on a screen but to other people they are their dads, husbands, etc.
That's not exclusive to Hillary or any high level shot caller. It just is what it is, for better or worse depending on your perspective

I guess it's supposed to mean the salad that's in front of all the other salads?

It only seems to be an issue when democrats lose.
Because Republicans were better at doing it. Also because dems are constantly trying to take the "high road" wtf that means.... and then look like idiots when later they complain about not bringing it up sooner.

I wonder how many of y'all actually follow politics through avenues other than just talking heads of your given ilk. I'd guess less than a handful.

Because Republicans were better at doing it. Also because dems are constantly trying to take the "high road" wtf that means.... and then look like idiots when later they complain about not bringing it up sooner.

I wonder how many of y'all actually follow politics through avenues other than just talking heads of your given ilk. I'd guess less than a handful.
Oh, I see. So because when democrats did it, they failed. then that means it has to go suddenly?

tkcn4.jpg

Oh, I see. So because when democrats did it, they failed. then that means it has to go suddenly?
Try harder. It has to go anyway. Gerrymandering undercuts any semblance of "make america great again" no matter who does it. My response was to answer the "It seems to only be an issue when democrats do it", which misses the point.

If Dems had been better at it and Reps complained, it would need to be fixed just the same. But since there is only one timeline, it HAS to be Dems complaining because it WAS Republicans that did properly underhanded Gerrymandering. There is no Earth-2. So unless you can jump dimensions of reality wherein Reps failed and are now complaining, your statement is stupid.

Try harder. It has to go anyway. Gerrymandering undercuts any semblance of "make america great again" no matter who does it. My response was to answer the "It seems to only be an issue when democrats do it", which misses the point.

If Dems had been better at it and Reps complained, it would need to be fixed just the same. But since there is only one timeline, it HAS to be Dems complaining because it WAS Republicans that did properly underhanded Gerrymandering. There is no Earth-2. So unless you can jump dimensions of reality wherein Reps failed and are now complaining, your statement is stupid.
They are so gerrymandered that democrats can’t win except for that they did or are you saying that makes election fraud ok if it’s dems

They are so gerrymandered that democrats can’t win except for that they did or are you saying that makes election fraud ok if it’s dems

For sure do some research. It's almost 11pm here and I'd like to sleep. Don't worry, there is an insane amount of information on the interwebs.

David Wasserman talks about 2010 and how it helped develop the Republican stronghold. You can also listen to Henry Olsen, who was a republican redistricter. There's plenty of congressional redistricting talk in regards to how Reps maneuvered from 2008-2014. Now, be warned... you do have to pay attention because it's not a TV-slot tight 20 with commercial breaks. You have to either listen or read quite a bit.

Democrat Bill Nelson concedes defeat to GOP's Rick Scott after recount, bitter Florida race

Florida’s long-time Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson conceded to Republican challenger Gov. Rick Scott Sunday, drawing the hotly contested race to represent the Sunshine State to a close after 12 days of legal wrangling.

According to the Florida Secretary of State's office, Scott led Nelson by approximately 10,000 votes after the state's 67 counties completed machine and manual recounts

Nelson, who served three terms in the U.S. Senate, met his match in Scott, who launched a competitive campaign for Florida votes. Scott, a two-term governor of the state, said Nelson called him to “graciously” concede and that Scott, in turn, thanked Nelson for his years of service. Scott has now won narrow victories in three statewide races since 2010.

“Now the campaign truly is behind us, and that’s where we need to leave it,” Scott said. “We must do what Americans have always done: come together for the good of our state and our country.”

President Trump congratulated Scott on Twitter Sunday, saying that Scott "was a great Governor and will be even a greater Senator in representing the People of Florida."

Scott's victory also marks the first time in more than a century that Florida has two Republican senators representing them in Washington. The state is scheduled to certify results in the race on Nov. 20.

Election Day results showed Nelson trailing Scott by more than 56,000 votes. Scott’s lead narrowed to 12,603 votes after a statewide machine recount. The new numbers triggered an automatic hand recount under Florida law.

After it became clear that the race between Nelson and Scott would head to a legally required recount, Nelson and Democrats filed several lawsuits that challenged everything from Scott's authority over the state's election division to deadlines for mail-in ballots.

The Nelson campaign managed to secure only one win in court. U.S. District Judge Mark Walker gave voters until 5 p.m. on Saturday to fix their ballots if they haven't been counted because of mismatched signatures. Nearly 5,700 ballots were rejected because signatures on ballot envelopes did not match signatures kept on file by election officials.

Walker rejected a request by Democrats to automatically count all the ballots with mismatched signatures. He also rejected a request to waive deadlines for domestic mail-in ballots even if they had been mailed prior to Election Day. Under Florida law, ballots mailed inside the United States must be in election offices by 7 p.m. on Election Day in order to count. Overseas ballots are counted if they are received up to 10 days after the election.

Marc Elias, the attorney who represented Nelson, acknowledged on Twitter that "the margin narrowed, but did not close" as a result of the recount. (Me : That must've hurt for this clown to say this. Haha..Fuck you! <3> You failed in trying to steal this election)

And so the Saga of the Pathetic Recount Debacle officially ends.

The Good Guys won.

53-47 Senate Majority now. (A Solid Hold of the Senate).

tenor.gif

Cheers.

Read this statement again. Holy shit dude, it seems the profundity of the situation has lost you entirely.

The fact is that even with a gigantic rig in the system that unfairly gives Republicans an advantage on a nationwide level, and they can still barely keep equality with the democrats.

Democrat Bill Nelson concedes defeat to GOP's Rick Scott after recount, bitter Florida race

Florida’s long-time Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson conceded to Republican challenger Gov. Rick Scott Sunday, drawing the hotly contested race to represent the Sunshine State to a close after 12 days of legal wrangling.

According to the Florida Secretary of State's office, Scott led Nelson by approximately 10,000 votes after the state's 67 counties completed machine and manual recounts

Nelson, who served three terms in the U.S. Senate, met his match in Scott, who launched a competitive campaign for Florida votes. Scott, a two-term governor of the state, said Nelson called him to “graciously” concede and that Scott, in turn, thanked Nelson for his years of service. Scott has now won narrow victories in three statewide races since 2010.

“Now the campaign truly is behind us, and that’s where we need to leave it,” Scott said. “We must do what Americans have always done: come together for the good of our state and our country.”

President Trump congratulated Scott on Twitter Sunday, saying that Scott "was a great Governor and will be even a greater Senator in representing the People of Florida."

Scott's victory also marks the first time in more than a century that Florida has two Republican senators representing them in Washington. The state is scheduled to certify results in the race on Nov. 20.

Election Day results showed Nelson trailing Scott by more than 56,000 votes. Scott’s lead narrowed to 12,603 votes after a statewide machine recount. The new numbers triggered an automatic hand recount under Florida law.

After it became clear that the race between Nelson and Scott would head to a legally required recount, Nelson and Democrats filed several lawsuits that challenged everything from Scott's authority over the state's election division to deadlines for mail-in ballots.

The Nelson campaign managed to secure only one win in court. U.S. District Judge Mark Walker gave voters until 5 p.m. on Saturday to fix their ballots if they haven't been counted because of mismatched signatures. Nearly 5,700 ballots were rejected because signatures on ballot envelopes did not match signatures kept on file by election officials.

Walker rejected a request by Democrats to automatically count all the ballots with mismatched signatures. He also rejected a request to waive deadlines for domestic mail-in ballots even if they had been mailed prior to Election Day. Under Florida law, ballots mailed inside the United States must be in election offices by 7 p.m. on Election Day in order to count. Overseas ballots are counted if they are received up to 10 days after the election.

Marc Elias, the attorney who represented Nelson, acknowledged on Twitter that "the margin narrowed, but did not close" as a result of the recount. (Me : That must've hurt for this clown to say this. Haha..Fuck you! <3> You failed in trying to steal this election)

And so the Saga of the Pathetic Recount Debacle officially ends.

The Good Guys won.

53-47 Senate Majority now. (A Solid Hold of the Senate).

tenor.gif

Cheers.

Oh shit, I guess Trump was right, you guys won so hard!!

#RedWave
#NoWhitePants

Democrats in Florida
This goddamn fucking racist cunt face is a thief and a criminal
Anyone voting for them is a racist and an antisemite
Republicans are responsible for all the terrorism in the country

Then they lose

Well now we need to work together

All his statements are stupid

Read this statement again. Holy shit dude, it seems the profundity of the situation has lost you entirely.

The fact is that even with a gigantic rig in the system that unfairly gives Republicans an advantage on a nationwide level, and they can still barely keep equality with the democrats.

I wonder what the right would look like without gerrymandering. The GOP obviously wouldn't exist as it is, since they have so many fewer voters. That wouldn't means conservatives would go away though.

You suspect that because you're not bright.

republicans should and cannot afford to play nice anymore. Anything goes now basically that is what the democrats have shown. Dark money, etc, republicans may need to nearly cheat to win because elections were stolen in california, montana and arizona.

Back