Floyd could come back now and beat anyone 147 or under

I'd favor Spence and Crawford to beat him at this point. Thurman and Brook would be close.

if we're talking just the titlists, I think Spence puts a hurting on him (probably stops him), Thurman maybe stops him (definitely at least a decisive decision) though I think Floyd would have a few good rounds, and Horn gets 118-110ed.

I didn't know people were still dropping acid these days...

If he could, he would. He can't, he won't.

Even if he still can beat everyone its not worth it. Hes 40 and had 50 pro fights. His body shouldn't take that punishment anymore.

You guys are all right, only B Hop can do it (sarcasm)... Lol wrong Floyd absolutely would not lose to anyone at 147 yet.

Look at how sharp and fluid Mayweather looked against Marquez after a two year layoff in comparison to how stiff and rigid he looked on the heavy bag two months ago. He is done at a world class level. I'd honestly favour someone like Jeff Horn to physically bully him at this point, let alone a Shawn Porter.

On the speed bag though he seemed alright to me

On the speed bag though he seemed alright to me

Mayweather knows, just an old Legend putting in work.

But the old master can still hang with and beat his student's.
raw

He'd come back and beat Horn convincingly.

Look at how sharp and fluid Mayweather looked against Marquez after a two year layoff in comparison to how stiff and rigid he looked on the heavy bag two months ago. He is done at a world class level. I'd honestly favour someone like Jeff Horn to physically bully him at this point, let alone a Shawn Porter.

What? how stiff he looked on the heavy bag? thats how he uses the heavy bag, go watch any training footage from throughout his career. he doesn't practice footwork, defense or fluidity when hitting the bag, he stands flat footed and practices power body shots and hooks. He also dwarfed Marquez in the fight, Marquez was coming all the way up from 135 AND Floyd missed weight. Grnted, Floyd was much better then than he is now, I'm not denying that. BUT if you think JEFF HORN has any chance against the version of Floyd that fought Connor you simply DKSAB. Horn would get absolutely schooled. I still think Floyd would probably beat Porter too. Too much fight I.Q, too much experience dealing with guys trying to bullrush him and bully him on the inside. Porter is a brute, I have a hard time seeing him landing many clean punches even on this version of Floyd. I do have a hard time seeing Floyd holding up in a 12 rounder vs Spence though.

People don't give enough credit to Connor or Floyd for that fight. Floyd wasn't letting Connor win early, of course he wasn't, why can't people admit that Connor has some skill and did some good things against Floyd? Or that Floyd showing the gas tank, precision, speed and accuracy to stop Connor was pretty impressive.

Another thing to keep in mind is Spence is a HUGE WW, he would have always been a super tough matchup for Floyd. Im a big Spence fan and think he is the future, but I'm not 100percent convinced he would beat Floyd at this point. Spence seems to have, in some ways, a similar skillset to Canelo, he is a guy who likes to dig nasty shots to the body and just straight beat on his opponents, but he seems to have relatively slow feet, like Canelo and his defense isn't one of his best qualities. Go rewatch the Brook fight, Brook was outboxing Spence for much of the fight until he got broken down by body shots and the broken orbital. I think at the end of the day Spence would probably just be too young, hungry and big for Mayweather, he is probably a future 160 pound champion, but I definitely wouldn't count Mayweather out, even at his current age. His fight IQ is one of the best I've ever seen, I could imagine him making it hard for Spence to land much and I could still see that right hand lead counter getting through.

People don't give enough credit to Connor or Floyd for that fight. Floyd wasn't letting Connor win early, of course he wasn't, why can't people admit that Connor has some skill and did some good things against Floyd? Or that Floyd showing the gas tank, precision, speed and accuracy to stop Connor was pretty impressive.

giphy.gif

So now we are pretending that having a 10 round gas tank for a professional fighter is "pretty impressive"?

Fuck that nonsense. It's the job!

Have the cardio to go 12 rounds or stay the hell out of boxing and off pay-per-view. This isn't MMA and you don't get blowjobs from fans/announcers/owners/fighters for not gassing out in 3 fucking minutes. Like Sonnen said after the fight. Connor should take a few bucks out of his 50 million + fight purse and buy a treadmill if he is going to keep avoiding ever doing any roadwork at all.

Connor doesn't get enough credit? Being decades younger with a huge weight and size and reach advantage then getting STOPPED by someone who hasn't even knocked a guy down in 7 years and who has been retired for 2 years doesn't deserve fucking credit. It deserves ridicule especially for how he ran his filthy mouth for a year leading up to his own destruction.

Floyd's timing didn't look very good against McGregor and that's usually a pretty good indicator that a fighter is heading towards being shot. Spence, Porter, and Crawford would all be deservedly favoured. Thurman might be, as well, although, Thurman doesn't match up all that well with Floyd (a boxer-puncher who mostly relies on his athleticism and lacks a good jab isn't ideal if you're going to beat even a greatly diminished Mayweather). Khan and Brook might be favoured, as well. I don't think any of them stop Floyd except for maybe Spence. Floyd's the type of fighter who would always be extremely difficult to stop even if he's far passed his best.

I;m still hoping we get Mayweather / GGG.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back