Floyd is a genius..

Makes a killing in boxing and retires undefeated and then comes back in his 40s to fight UFC stars for 9 figure paydays.

Easy work and easy money and he can go this till hes 50.

Floyd is the combat sports GOAT.

While I hate Floyd, it's hard to argue with what you posted. I agree.

Floyd on that stupid to fight canelo when he can find another can.

so Floyd also only cares about ppvs buys will fight on a website I think not.

DAZN is not a ''website.'' It's the new standard of on-demand streaming media for sports. It's an application nearly perfected now 4 years in the making.

I think it's rather a matter of the general public being raging idiots than Floyd Mayweather Jr being particularly mentally gifted, to be honest.

Floyd didn't outlcass Canelo. As much as the boxing world criticizes Lampley and the HBO cast, only the naive think that Showtime didn't do the same for Floyd after signing his 6 fight deal... it's bias.

Rounds 1-4, tell me which moments Floyd outclassed? It's not like it looked like Crawford vs Diaz....where TC knit picked rounds controlling range better than Floyd - though of course Diaz is not on Canelo's level yet significantly older and an Olympian - but didn't throw any power punches as TC moved around the ring. Canelo is probably the most notorious in the game that never gets credit for power punches LANDED while opponents evade the ropes! Judges score that criteria, even though casuals don't think it causes damage. Canelo is now in his PRIME, and much of the ring chasing for body shots has disapeared in Canelo's style. purists see this.

{<jordan}

Floyd on that stupid to fight canelo when he can find another can.

Floyd wasnt stupid why do you think he fought him 6 years. fighting him at 22 years old at a weigh he almost couldn't make.

{<jimmies}yes the all mighty canelo... the one who squeaks passed a 50 year old GGG maybe now he'll have a chance to beat floyd now that he's ancient and retired. Thats if your boy doesn't pop for PEDs again.

No way Khabib vs Floyd does anywhere near the numbers required for him to make 9 figures.
Khabib vs Floyd does 900,000 ppv.

Floyd-Pac did 4.6 million
Floyd-Con did 4.3 million
(US/CAN alone)

Conor's fights with Nate did 1.5 and 1.6 million (worldwide), compared to Khabib-Con which did a reported 3 million.

Khabib has been Conor's biggest fight in the UFC to date.

A Khabib vs Floyd fight easily breaks 3 million, and if it happens following Khabib's wins over Tony and Poirier might match the Con fight, with far less circus trashtalking involved.

Khabib can beat Floyd with his superior infighting skills. AKA is a master at it

They'll never fucking learn ...

usa_today_10243724.0.jpg

No one in their right mind is going to pay to watch Khabib vs Floyd. A so-so boxer in MMA vs the best boxer of recent times? If Floyd can make 9 figures selling this garbage then he is a genius but I don't see anyone buying this one.

Yeah but he's just ripping off the simple plebs now.

If your dumb enough after Floyd's last poor arse performance to pay for that then your the mug he's taking you for.

Look at how he "boxed" Conor, never knew Floyd was a brawler?

Lets be honest if Floyd fought that way against a champ or top contender he'd of been destroyed, he's now taking fights where he barely even has to box, freak shows.

To think Floyd not boxing properly against a Wrestler in Khabib will do more PPV than Bellew vs Usyk for the unification ........... is there any justice left in this world?

{<jimmies}yes the all mighty canelo... the one who squeaks passed a 50 year old GGG maybe now he'll have a chance to beat floyd now that he's ancient and retired. Thats if your boy doesn't pop for PEDs again.

he not my boy triple ggg won both fights and Floyd not about to risk his record vs canelo now.

To think Floyd not boxing properly against a Wrestler in Khabib will do more PPV than Bellew vs Usyk for the unification ........... is there any justice left in this world?
Amen to that. But unfortunately, more average joes will be aware of Floyd fighting Khabib then they will of Usyk fighting Bellew. It's wrong but that's the way it is. I hope the average punter has more common sense than that and they will not pay to watch this circus. I really hope the fight bombs hard, just for boxing's sake.

he not my boy triple ggg won both fights and Floyd not about to risk his record vs canelo now.

why do you think Floyd would rather fight conor or khabib instead.

Floyd-Pac did 4.6 million
Floyd-Con did 4.3 million
(US/CAN alone)

Conor's fights with Nate did 1.5 and 1.6 million (worldwide), compared to Khabib-Con which did a reported 3 million.

Khabib has been Conor's biggest fight in the UFC to date.

A Khabib vs Floyd fight easily breaks 3 million, and if it happens following Khabib's wins over Tony and Poirier might match the Con fight, with far less circus trashtalking involved.
You are cherry picking Floyds PPV's..... Floyds fight before Conor was 400K - and that is a GENEROUS 400K.
Khabib without Conor did 350k?
Conor is the UFC star with the PPV draw power. Not nate. Not Khabib.
I think everyone is going to remember how Floyd carried Conor for 10 rounds, and how much Conor looked out of place. Then they are going to see how much worse of a striker Khabib is than Conor (don't bother posting the gif - go listen to Bispings podcast) and no one will want to watch it.
Everyone will know it is a joke fight.
If he decided to fight canelo or GGG - THAT would sell millions. (Floyd, not khabib…)

Because it's easy money and its easier than selling a fight against someone you already completely outclassed. Same reason the pac fight is hard to make. Canelos a beast but he gets frustrated and falls apart when he gets outboxed, been like that his whole career. You can try and twist the fact that Floyd fought him when he was a young bull in the prime of his life (with 40+ fights its not like he was unexperienced) to make it seem like a bad thing but fact of the matter is Canelo waited for GGG to get old. Well at least Oscar did. To canelos credit he always takes the tough fights, but to his discredit oscar always has at least 1 judge in his pocket.

Floyd's a retired 40 year old former champ, if your big hope is that NOW canelo will FINALLY have a chance it's kinda pathetic and desperate.

You are cherry picking Floyds PPV's..... Floyds fight before Conor was 400K - and that is a GENEROUS 400K.
Khabib without Conor did 350k?
Conor is the UFC star with the PPV draw power. Not nate. Not Khabib.
I think everyone is going to remember how Floyd carried Conor for 10 rounds, and how much Conor looked out of place. Then they are going to see how much worse of a striker Khabib is than Conor (don't bother posting the gif - go listen to Bispings podcast) and no one will want to watch it.
Everyone will know it is a joke fight.
If he decided to fight canelo or GGG - THAT would sell millions. (Floyd, not khabib…)

No debating how much of a SHAM that fight would be but casuals would buy into it because A. they DKSAB and B. everyone hates floyd so they'll pull the "THIS IS OUR GUY TO FINALLY BEAT HIM11!!!" bullshit they do with every floyd opponent. Fight would do atleast 2.5mil, the masses love a good circus.

It wont be till after the fight that all the casual know-it-alls will be like "This was a mismatch, total bullshit iF IT WaS iN tEh CAAgE ThO!@2"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back